Thread: Camaro/Tahoe tune

Camaro/Tahoe tune

With the help of RussK I have a bad azz tranny tune for my 99Z. Would my buddies 01 Tahoe tranny be adjusted about the same (copy my adjustments and make them on his) or is that a whole new style of tuning I need to read up on?

TIA
    99Z A4 w/ SS LT's, h/f cats, magnaflow catback, port/polish t/b, egr deleted, ls6 intake, lid, 3.73's, hpt, performabuilt level 1 tranny, 3600 stall, Stage 2.5 (5.3 heads), Torquer 2 cam, 42# reworked injectors, TR6 plugs.

2007 Avalanche LTZ - Catback and Eibach springs

Advanced Tuner
    Well the shift points are going to be different. You have alot of weight difference, the shifting would be way off. Just start with the torque converter staying unlocked and play with the shift points until you get them where you want them, upshift and downshift. Then turn the TC back on and play with those next. You'll get it to where you want it in no time, the tranny is easy to tune once you get the hang of it.
    2009 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L, stock.

thanks man, I will probably do that as well as pull a few tunes that others have had success with and see what they did.
    99Z A4 w/ SS LT's, h/f cats, magnaflow catback, port/polish t/b, egr deleted, ls6 intake, lid, 3.73's, hpt, performabuilt level 1 tranny, 3600 stall, Stage 2.5 (5.3 heads), Torquer 2 cam, 42# reworked injectors, TR6 plugs.

2007 Avalanche LTZ - Catback and Eibach springs

Advanced Tuner
    hey, I will post my tranny file tomorrow. I have an 04 Avalanche that should be pretty close.
    2009 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L, stock.