Thread: Log Review - Best Fuel Economy VCT Schedule at WOT 1-2 Shift

Log Review - Best Fuel Economy VCT Schedule at WOT 1-2 Shift

I am having a bog only at the 1-2 shift. I see in the logs that the VCT Schedule Mode goes from OP to Best Fuel Economy and closes the throttle. It stays there until about 4500 rpm in 3rd gear then switches back to OP. It only happens on the 1-2 shift. Please review. All advise is appreciated. This is a 2019 GT with stage 2 Roush.

Brent Log 12.16.21.hplBrentRoushP2Basee85 - R2.hpt

TTT - Any ideas on correcting this bog?

Tuner
    You log is saying "Injector limit" and "Insufficient fuel flow". I don't see your Injector duty cycles, but that could be something to look at.

boosted?

why is MAP so high?

Advanced Tuner
    The VCT schedule is the symptom, not the problem. Your APP is confirmed at 100%, but the torque request falls from 500+ ftlb to 127 ftlb. As such, your desired load falls to 0.5. The throttle and cam schedule are just doing exactly what they are supposed to in order to achieve this demand. The torque source at the time of the throttle cut is "Trans Shift Mod". Most logs show the trans shift modulation just retards spark timing, and this is the best way, but yours is cutting throttle as well. Did you try it in Sport to see what happens? The shift torque modulation is different for Sport mode.

Also, I noticed in your tune that under Transmission - Torque Management - General - Torque Reduction - Torque Modulation is disabled. Mine and other SC ford tunes I've looked at have this enabled. I don't know if this is causing your issue but it appears to be related and different in yours.

Regarding your log, you have WAY too many channels logged, which slows down the data rate. You only have 7 Mapped Points active yet you are logging 15 of them. You could easily cut this list in half and get faster, more relevant data. Be sure to speed up the requested data rate on the important ones, as well.

This was in drag mode with advancetrac disabled. I will take a look at the trans mod settings and report back.

Advanced Tuner
    Advancetrac will not matter, as torque source didn’t report traction control. Check that torque modulation setting.

That said, there shouldn’t be any shift torque modulation in drag mode. Something is up with that. Figure out why it thinks it needs torque modulation in drag mode and that will probably lead to the solution.

Advanced Tuner
    There are a lot of issues that could be causing this.
    Your OP angles are -13/15, The closest MP angles you have are -20,0 for IVO. There's a blend between two mapped points with torque/inverse values that are far far apart from each other.
    Since -13/15 is your OP angles most of the pull. I'd go give those angles their own mapped point so it will run 100% in one.