Thread: 2012 coyote trans shift mod (tq source 7) at wot mid pull?

Tuner in Training

2012 coyote trans shift mod (tq source 7) at wot mid pull?

car is getting a load spike mid pull right before it gets trans shift mod. anyone experienced this before?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    car is a manual trans with cams and a vmp making a fair bit of boost on e85

Your spark is entering pre-ignition:

image.png

Also you are hitting max load and map:

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    Also you are hitting max load and map:
    here's the original file i made for the car, ive rebuilt it several times trying to find out wtf could cause this. ive tried adjusting the max load and map and havent noticed any difference.

Tuning Addict
    Looks to me like your hitting a MAF limit mid pull right before it starts shutting itself down and you don't have it disabled in the tune. I don't recall the 100% correct way to fix this as to whether or not you can change the period and voltage scaling or whether you have to install a different hard component. Honestly been a while since I had this issue on a Ford - common on the pre coyotes, but haven't even seen one of them in years... I know roush and others disable that, so might be worth a try - just from what I'm seeing...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    maf limit is turned on but its set for 92 us in the file. im hitting 112 or so in the log. its certainly getting close but not there just yet.

Tuning Addict
    Well, it maxed at 655g/s or 86lb/min in the last log 1000rpms prior to the cut. You need to be logging a lot more pids regarding mapped points, torque and throttle commands trying to hunt this down.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

well I changed few things in your tune...might want to check what i did...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    well I changed few things in your tune...might want to check what i did...
    i appreciate your taking the time to do that. i did a file compare to see what all you had done.

on max load under desired air mass. is that going to take effect since the init switch is turned off?

for the map inferred i had bumped the values a bit between the original file and "doing weird shit" maybe i need to bump them more like in the revision you made. do you think the speed density portion is causing this? it just seems like an odd tq source to flag for this situation.

Advanced Tuner
    There's a huge calculation error miscalculation happening..
    Which Throttle body and where did you get the throttle body model from?

Just check out your MAF lbs and Load vs Desired Airmass and Desired Load.
    Your ETC area isn't even close .

I think the highest ft lbs in your inverse axis should be 811 ft lbs and recalculated. It's a weird torque source and it's meeting the criteria for the source.

Tuner in Training
    update

done some reading and some tinkering. here's a log with a bit more load on the car so it doesn't rev out so fast. it seems like the tq source is caused by the load dumping. it looks like it was hitting the multiplier for the cylfilter. causing a huge spike in load so i lowered that for now to try and get an idea on the issues at large. now the load isn't jumping at the beginning of the troubled area but it is dumping out in a few spots in the pull and when load dumps its hitting the tq source. so i have a feeling the flag is more of a symptom of whatever is causing the load to dump.

i tried turning cylfilter off completely but the car doesn't respond well at all cruising even with the trims within 5%. i may take another attempt at it though.

Advanced Tuner
    There are a lot of issues with this tune.