Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite feature within HPTuners?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Your Favorite feature within HPTuners?

For me RTT is by far my favorite feature available for HPTuners.

When moates released the roadrunner earlier in the year my initial reaction was OMG because the price was just so far out there...for the little time you might save on a tune it would take forever to make that money back especially since you need separate hardware for each PCM that $ could add up to over $2500 not to mention the actually tuning software itself.

Once HPT finally announced they were going to enter the Real Time Tuning market I really wasnt sure what to think, what was the price point going to be? how functional was it going to be? Well damn if they didn't blow all of my expectations out of the water, not only was it free for anyone that had already purchased one of the custom operating systems it was included in their current custom operating systems at no extra charge, how can you beat that?

I've already purchased the unlimited SD custom RTT & literally use it on EVERY LS1 fbody I tune now...with its simple 5 minute application, ease of use & great price Its definitly my favorite feature thus far & will only get better with autotune.

I'd like to know what your favorite features are in the program & what you use on a day to day basis that makes life/tuning easier or more fun...whether its the histograms that have nearly made excel obsolete or standalone datalogging or whatever, post it up

It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    RTT is one of my favs... other is the ability to tune practically any GM vehicle
    Mike Horist
    00 WS6 (TA) | 04 WS6 (GTP Comp G)
    Mike \\#at&\\ horist \\&dot$\\com

BOTH cars HP Tuners Tuned

I'd say Autotune is my favorite...oh wait

RTT is really nice though I get the most use out of that for sure.
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130

Not A Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MeentSS02
    I'd say Autotune is my favorite...oh wait

RTT is really nice though I get the most use out of that for sure.
    What is the Autotune feature you guys are referring to ???

DH

2004 MSG A4

Appearance: Billet Plate&Sill/SS Insert/Screens/Blackout/Lowered/CCW SP500

Perfomance: 416 CI/228-232@114/AFR 225/FAST/LS2 TB/36#Injectors/Honker/RPM(IV)/Vig2400/Z06 Ti/Kooks/3.42 Gear/Hotchkis/Bilstein/Z06 Springs/Eradispeed/Hawk HP+/Trans Cooler/B&M Trans Pan/RonDavies with EOC/Nitto R2's/AMWcan/Rocker Rails/Frame Savers

Mods & Tune: A&A Corvette

??? RWHP / ??? RWTQ
    1/4 mile: mid 11's ??
    WSIR 1:37.68

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_editor_rtt_using.htm

theres a screenshot about 1/2 way down

Not A Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_editor_rtt_using.htm

theres a screenshot about 1/2 way down
    I see it but there really isn't any explation

I assume that I will only have to find the TAB for it and my car will AUTOTUNE itself..........

DH

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    its going to be a part of the RTT(real time tuning) feature, it will be a free software upgrade that will ONLY be available to those using the RTT custom operating systems. Once you start using RTT you'll see it in the RTT display in the scanner, it just isnt functional as of yet.

Not A Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    its going to be a part of the RTT(real time tuning) feature, it will be a free software upgrade that will ONLY be available to those using the RTT custom operating systems. Once you start using RTT you'll see it in the RTT display in the scanner, it just isnt functional as of yet.
    I will be using a custom OS and I will be using RTT (eventually )

So what exactly will the AUTOTUNE feature do, or is this not known yet ?????????

Thanks,

DH

Not A Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Howie
    I will be using a custom OS and I will be using RTT (eventually )

So what exactly will the AUTOTUNE feature do, or is this not known yet ?????????

Thanks,

DH
    Okay......I just found this thread: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9547

DH

Basically, you click the Auto-tune button, it backs your car out of the garage, finds the nearest interstate, and starts tuning. If it runs up on a riced out Civic, it throws a few revs to initiate a race, and proceeds to kick its ass. Pretty standard algorithms...just a bunch of 1s and 0s, right?

I will be interested to see how it all works out actually...I was thinking about its implementation last night, and I can understand why its taken them a little while. There are all sorts of little nuances that could crop up...
    11.02 @ 130

Histograms! A#1 best feature especially with filters.

Far and away the best of the best features!
    Always Support Our Troops!

Pretty standard algorithms...just a bunch of 1s and 0s, right?

I will be interested to see how it all works out actually...I was thinking about its implementation last night, and I can understand why its taken them a little while. There are all sorts of little nuances that could crop up...
    Years ago I had a Link ECU (from NZ) in my turbo'd Miata. After some creative programming by Ray Ayala for Flyin' Miata, it would autotune accurately. The absolute best feature I've ever seen. The key part was that it autotuned only when very, very close to the centre of a cell (MAP vs. RPM), thereby not influencing the correct tuning of an adjacent cell. You could run it on any combination of engine mods while using a WBO2 and it would correct the fuelling/AFR to target. The only drawback was the limited cell resolution. The GM PCMs are more refined, so when the HPT gurus get this one working it should be awesome.

Please have the 1-bar SD RTT OS finished, tested, and de-bugged for my C5 Corvette by May first. Spring should be here by then - I hope.

Next on my wish list is a custom OS with even more VE resolution - i.e. RPM in steps of 200 - just because I like tinkering. I don't know if 512K RAM will support that, though.

Happy New Year to all.
    Best regards,
    Bill
    Silver 2003 C5 roadster, M6, Euro red/amber tails, Z06 Ti mufflers, Z06 2 cat H-pipe, Z06 airbox, and HPTuners s/w - available to any Corvette or other GM vehicle in Calgary, and also for Ford and Dodge products, including Cummins

Quote Originally Posted by Billf6531
    The key part was that it autotuned only when very, very close to the centre of a cell (MAP vs. RPM), thereby not influencing the correct tuning of an adjacent cell.
    That's what I'm most worried about, actually.
    11.02 @ 130

That's what I'm most worried about, actually.
    I'm sure Chris has heard about the success of the Link autotune feature, and his only concern is to make it look like a stoneage effort in comparison to the HPT result.
    Best regards,
    Bill
    Silver 2003 C5 roadster, M6, Euro red/amber tails, Z06 Ti mufflers, Z06 2 cat H-pipe, Z06 airbox, and HPTuners s/w - available to any Corvette or other GM vehicle in Calgary, and also for Ford and Dodge products, including Cummins

It'll be interesting to see how it is implemented for sure...I'm hoping it already has the filters there to only allow the data closer to the center points of the cells...my tunes have been a little better since I started doing some more filtering with the histograms.
    11.02 @ 130

Advanced Tuner
    Please stop raving about RTT, I have an LS2 and will probably never get it. I am impressed with what the software can do, but I expected more features for my car to be added over time. Once all the makes are in there, will you go back and add features to LS2's?
    www.outlawpontiacdragseries.com
    Come race with us in MA, PA, and VA!

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.
    Stock:13.36@104
    Mods in sig:[email protected]

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePiss
    will you go back and add features to LS2's?
    they have been constantly adding parameters & features since they publicly released software/hardware for LS2's

all the Zone SD stuff for the newer PCM's
    2 bar for your PCM
    A6 tranny tuning

They arent going to stop releasing stuff for LS2's but everything about implimenting stuff takes time.

I would recommend mastering use of the scanner, the histograms, the copy-paste special feature & all of the other aspects of tuning before requesting new stuff
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 12-30-2006 at 09:30 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    There's a lot of features in HPT to like , here's a few that i like.

Rtt has to be on the list , i have only used it a little to help in getting a cammed car to idle but still very useful and affordable for someone like me not being a professional tuner.

The histograms and the different copy and paste functions (e.g multiply by %1/2 )

The compare feature and the ability to zero the differences between to tunes .

The different licensing options , the year\model licensing that HPT had initially was great . They have moved on since then and the addition of the single vin licensing and the ability to progress from single vin to year/model licensing is good .

The help files and the online "how too" demonstrations are a handy reference .

custom PID's

The ability to read All modules for DTC's .

One thing I really like is being able to compare tunes from different cars with different OS's in the editor.

New #1 from a daily tuner... Compare function! I remember the days before compare! Compare is my new winner!
    Always Support Our Troops!