Thread: Vct problem

Vct problem

Need some help with my car (2014 gt, kennebell sc).

Long story .... but the car has problems with the vct's (the mechanic told me that it was the ecu).

I'm starting to check the tune with the new ecu and new injectors but vtc's stay at 0? (schedule FMEM mode).

I attach a log at idle.

Thanks in advance.

Log Idle 2.hpl

Log 2da 1500-5000.hpl

Kenne bell s197 Stock file.hpt

Pd: tune is limited at 4000 rpm by eot table
    Last edited by AndresC1402; 03-12-2022 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Add file

posting tune would help you much better
    Turbocharged COYOTE

PM for E tune / Remote Tuning
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by small tuner View Post
    posting tune would help you much better
    Tune attached!

Advanced Tuner
    Do you have any DTC codes, any cylinder misfires, if you can isolate the VCT system by disconnect the VCT solenoids., which will intern lock the VCT phasers in place. You can check the VCT error parameters with a commercial grade scan tool. While in closed loop the VCT advance error should hoover around Zero Degrees. there is an error factor of + or -5* is acceptable for a small or short amount of time. you could also log VCT percent solenoid duty cyl. they should equal to each other, if one is more than the other the computer will try to make adjustments by increasing the duty cycle on the affected bank. this is all assuming the tune file is correct and no DTC present. Oil pressure is good and no oil restrictions to the cam phasers.

nothing wrong with vct tables and what mstang_man suggest are reasonable
    Turbocharged COYOTE

PM for E tune / Remote Tuning
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by mstang_man View Post
    Do you have any DTC codes, any cylinder misfires, if you can isolate the VCT system by disconnect the VCT solenoids., which will intern lock the VCT phasers in place. You can check the VCT error parameters with a commercial grade scan tool. While in closed loop the VCT advance error should hoover around Zero Degrees. there is an error factor of + or -5* is acceptable for a small or short amount of time. you could also log VCT percent solenoid duty cyl. they should equal to each other, if one is more than the other the computer will try to make adjustments by increasing the duty cycle on the affected bank. this is all assuming the tune file is correct and no DTC present. Oil pressure is good and no oil restrictions to the cam phasers.
    Dtc codes shown by hp tuners. (no vct codes)
    thumbnail_image.png

I?m going to check later with a launch scanner.

Oil level and pressure are ok.... vct's were checked and nothing is wrong (mechanically).

Update :

Car is not reading oil temperature (display shows --- )

I'm going to check wiring and grounds.