Thread: Base fuel map adjustments

Tuner in Training lumberjackzac's Avatar

Base fuel map adjustments

I have Mk7 GTI with a Walbro 450 and want to account for that.

I'm looking at adjusting my base fueling from LTFT +- STFT. I've taken several logs and it looks like ECM 29210 Base Lambda Target Bank is what I want to play with? Or am I completely in the wrong area? These cars...

What's the easiest way to do this? seems very time-consuming to take the difference of the fuel tables in a spreadsheet and then adjust each cell for lambda.

Forum isn't letting me post pictures but ok for example. 1600 Rpm and 480 mg cylinder mass, if I need to adjust by -6% then I have to multiply that cell by .94 or adjust by 2% multiply by 1.02

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by lumberjackzac View Post
    I have Mk7 GTI with a Walbro 450 and want to account for that.

I'm looking at adjusting my base fueling from LTFT +- STFT. I've taken several logs and it looks like ECM 29210 Base Lambda Target Bank is what I want to play with? Or am I completely in the wrong area? These cars...

What's the easiest way to do this? seems very time-consuming to take the difference of the fuel tables in a spreadsheet and then adjust each cell for lambda.

Forum isn't letting me post pictures but ok for example. 1600 Rpm and 480 mg cylinder mass, if I need to adjust by -6% then I have to multiply that cell by .94 or adjust by 2% multiply by 1.02
    Upgraded LPFP shouldn’t effect fuel calculations as it’s a direct injected engine and fueling is calculated based off HPFP pressure to injection time scaling through the VE model

Advanced Tuner
    The only thing you really need adjust for upgraded LPFP is pump speed vs fuel demand/pressure tables. Possibly limit max duty if you're still on the stock fuel pump controller.

If you have a lowside fuel pressure sensor, you can easily low desired vs actual pressure and use that to build out a histogram to apply a correction to the fuel pump speed maps. Or a blanket correction factor across the whole table might get it close enough.

Tuner in Training lumberjackzac's Avatar
    Whats the cap for stock controller on walbro 450? I thought it was like 85-88%
    Attached Images Attached Images