Thread: LNF New Mods what to change

Potential Tuner

LNF New Mods what to change

I bought my car with an obvious unknown tune. Since then I have installed a ZZP Intercooler, Turboxs high-flow 3in downpipe, as well as stage 1 3bar sensors. The car came with a K&N typhoon hot air intake already so I'm assuming the previous tune accounted for that. However I suspect the previous tune was done when 94 octane was available locally, and now 91 octane is the most I can get. I see 24.3psi peak on my RPD during a pull.

I know what to change for the 3bar sensors so no problems with that, however I wasn't sure what to look for when logging and changing tables for the Intercooler and Downpipe. I have read that tune changes were required for these kinds of mods, however I'm new to tuning. I will attach my current tune file.

If anybody would like to look over my tune file and see if they notice anything dangerous/wrong, that would be very helpful too. From the articles I read about potential issues, I noticed:

- My 4 spark tables aren't all the time
    - My VVT Cam Angle tables aren't same for IN/EX cold&warm, and the previous tuner 0'd out the knock tables
    - The previous owner messed with underboost/overboost settings, is this normal?

I also had trouble reading the spark tables to determine what is being commanded for timing @ WOT. From what I see at 100% load it peaks at 24? at 5000rpm which seems very high. I won't be able to do logs until spring but I suspect that would cause a lot of KR for 91 octane? Unless of course I'm just not reading it right.

83eacf754651b955d55c1578583bc823.png

ChangedBoostSensorValues.hpt

Senior Tuner
    LNF is hard to read much from a tune file. It depends on how the car is reacting to the settings more than the exact settings in the tune file. Dig through some of the old post and find a good channel list for logging. Then tweak the MAF curve from the fuel trims while keeping an eye nock. And don’t let the boost get any higher than it is unless you want to replace the turbo.