Thread: How to tune L99 with DOD/VVT Deleted for F-35 Stage 4 Cam Install? (2010 Camaro SS)

Potential Tuner

Question How to tune L99 with DOD/VVT Deleted for F-35 Stage 4 Cam Install? (2010 Camaro SS)

Hello,

Just purchased a Texas Speed Stage 4 F-35 Cam. I have a L99 Camaro and am going to do the DOD and VVT delete and just wondering how I go about tuning the car when it is finished getting installed.

Will also be installing Long Tube headers, catback exhaust (no cats) and Spectre cold air intake.

I know I will need to disable some codes when I remove the cats, does anyone know which ones?

Thanks for all the help!

If interested myself and others do remote tuning

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by JNJ_Salez View Post
    Hello,

Just purchased a Texas Speed Stage 4 F-35 Cam. I have a L99 Camaro and am going to do the DOD and VVT delete and just wondering how I go about tuning the car when it is finished getting installed.

Will also be installing Long Tube headers, catback exhaust (no cats) and Spectre cold air intake.

I know I will need to disable some codes when I remove the cats, does anyone know which ones?

Thanks for all the help!
    I built a 5.3 LC9 Gen IV that I swapped into my wrangler. I also did the TSP AFM/DOD delete kit as well as deleted the VVT camshaft But I went with the stage two high lift truck cam. This is what I did to delete the AFM/DOD and VVT in the tune after I deleted everything mechanically in the engine.
    Assuming you have a Gen IV these are the steps.

DOD/AFM Disable
    engine/fuel/lean fuel saver/ DOD disable

VVT Disable
    Airflow/ Variable Camshaft ( then on the left column it says general and the first dropdown menu is labeled Camshafts, select none. it should say one before you change it)
    then in that same section but in the middle column go to the desired angle tables Low, Med and High and zero those out
    then scroll all the way down in the middle column you should see enable conditions change those to
    low oil temp enable 256 C in Fahrenheit 493
    low oil temp disable 256 C. " 492
    hi oil temp enable -196 C. " -320
    hi oil temp disable -206 C. " -319
    low rpm enable 8000
    low rpm disable 7999
    high rpm enable 0
    high rpm disable 1
    oil pressure enable 4000kpa
    oil pressure disable 3999kpa
    do the same on the exhaust side
    (there is more than 1 way to skin a cat and depending on the research you do some people might have different numbers for enable/ disable conditions )

The DTCs codes are
    P0010
    P0011
    P0013
    P0014
    P0020
    P0021
    P0023
    P0024
    P3400
    P3401
    P3409
    P3417
    P3425
    P3433
    P3441
    P3449
    P3457
    Uncheck the ses enable box and the change to no error reported
    Make sure you have all this done before your initial start up. I would definitely recommend getting a dyno tune but this is what I had to do to get my ls swap running before I could drive it into the tune shop
    Last edited by patfish111; 04-01-2022 at 03:11 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Patfish,

I have a LC9 (2013 Silverado 5.3). Currently thinking of doing a DOD/AFM delete along with VVT delete by changing from single bolt to 3 bolt cam to get more reliability out of my truck. Looking at putting in a stage 1 Summit Racing Truck Cam SUM-8718R1.
    I recently had to rebuild the whole engine due to a broken lifter which sent chunks through the engine. When i finished the rebuild I left the engine 0.030 overbore (Mahle standard compression pistons with 2 valve reliefs), lightly decked block/heads. 799 heads. Melling heavy duty rockers (stock 1.7 ratio) and Melling red tapered springs. Along with a new crank, lifters rods, oil pump, etc.
    I'm 100% new to using HP tuner and the Chevy ECU's. I'm definitely not new to calibrating engines though.

Would you be willing to post your tune so I can use it as a comparison tool?

Follow up questions:
    - Any recommendations on reading, resources, or guides for doing the 1 bolt VVT to 3 bolt non-VVT conversion?

- When you deleted VVT did you go to a 3 bolt cam or single bolt cam, and how did that go?

- If the cam advance/retard positions are set to 0, why do you have to disable its functions using temp/rpm/pressure limits?

- Why did you not un-check the P0022 or P0025 code for over-retarded cam timing?

TIA