Thread: Fueling Trackhawk/Hellcat

Tuner in Training

Fueling Trackhawk/Hellcat

Hello,

After reading a lot and trying some things I'm a bit stuck now. For now I see that the Trackhawk/Hellcat usually runs at lambda 1. When WOT is detected the value of FAR in the power enrichment table is added to stoich. But at a certain moment the mixture gets even more rich. Initially I thought this was due cat heat protection but when reduced/disabled the mixture remains the same. Can someone shine some light on this? In the logging the lambda commended goes from 1 to 0.87 when WOT is detected and goes then to 0.77. It is the last that I so far could influence.
    In the forum I could not find much more then switch off NN and tune VE table but this not recommended and seems that the VE table is neglected when NN is switched on again.

best regards, Han

first tune.hplScreenshot 2022-04-28 141216.png

Advanced Tuner
    Can you post your tune file as well. Have you adjusted commanded PE?

Tuner in Training
    v-919-rt tune.hpt

Sure, is attached. In the stock tune the same occurs. Just checked the file, think I made a typo in the CAT temp protection table. It is now 0.05 intended was 0.005. Have to try again...
    Last edited by HanJ; 04-28-2022 at 09:43 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    v-919-rt tune PE change1.hpt

I didnt go through the entire tune, but see if this helps your issue
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by white1 View Post
    v-919-rt tune PE change1.hpt

I didnt go through the entire tune, but see if this helps your issue
    Thanks, I will test it tomorrow.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, it works, lambda is now stable and no second step. Have to figure out which one the changes takes care of this but tested for almost one week with consistent result.Screenshot 2022-05-06 103945.png

Advanced Tuner
    Glad that worked for you.

It was indeed the cot/eot protection. There are two forms of disabling it. Maxing temps out this is targets, thresholds, and delta temps keeps it from triggering and keeping anything else that it might trigger. Or zeroing out all the temp fuel adder maps still allowing it to trigger with no added fuel.