Thread: Does the TCM matter for Engine tunning ?

Tuner in Training

Does the TCM matter for Engine tunning ?

I am ready to set my 2019 L82 5.3 in my frame. I have a new 6L80 (4x4) transmission but am waiting to have it converted to 2WD. Can I use an old 6L80 that I'm using for parts to just mount the engine and tranny together and wiring harness for trying to start and tune the engine or do I need to wait for the transmission that will be in the car?
    I would really like to make sure I can get this thing fired up and final tuning for the engine completed.

What computer are you using?

The engine should be able to fire up if the transmission isn't connected. But there is no way to actually tune the engine without the transmission functioning. If the engine is stock it should run just fine but if it's modded there will be no way to tune it without the transmission hooked up and under load.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I swapped the E90 for an E92 and had a harness built for the L82. VVT DOD delete with a cam.

For right now I just want to fire it and make sure it's runs before hiding the harness

Do all the basic AFM/DoD changes to the calibration, flash it and see what it does.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.