Thread: Need guidance for setting flag/switch udp

Tuner in Training

Need guidance for setting flag/switch udp

Hello, I am on a steep learning curve learning the tuning software/hardware.

Ive looked through my BIN file to find the parameter id like to switch off.

In winols it says address is 00000 the very first line.

Now in tunerpro put that in as address and 0x00 to switch it off?
    This is a edc17 ford ecu 2011 f250.

How do I find the offset, if there is one, seems unlikely the address is 00000 but it is the very first line.
    And do I have to specify the byte locations
    Ex: address:00000| ff 00 01 fe.....

Can someone share an example please.
    Any guides/how to's available?

Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Thanks ive read this but i am a beginner, looking for more documentation with examples for switch/flag.
    If there is a video or other resources available let me know.

I will read the document again,
    Thank you for sharing.

Advanced Tuner
    It is a struggle as no one really helps with or shares UDP information on here. You will need to educate yourself with the resources available on the internet, start with google. Searching on this forum is not going to net you very useful information. IMO, your best starting point is to download this XDF and this matching .bin file. I apologize it's not ford specific. Open those files in tunerpro and just look around at how everything is setup. You need to make sure what you want to edit is within the allowable range that HPT defines in the editor. You need to have knowledge of your specific hardware and operating system to determine what offsets or settings you need to properly display the data when you import it into HPT. Also note that upon importing an xdf, HPT does a hex to decimal conversion so you will not see hex values, from my experience.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you , ill keep studying until I get it!