Thread: idle tuning, how to in idiot terms?

Advanced Tuner

idle tuning, how to in idiot terms?

Just installed my cam but car doesn't want to idle. How do I raise Idle? I'm still using 1.5 about to download 1.6, but how to raise idle speed? I bumped up everything by 100 in the idle rpmvs temp or whatever and didn't change ANYTHING. Any help would be nice. Thanks.
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Advanced Tuner

Re: idle tuning, how to in idiot terms?

I found this link seems easy enough. How easy is the idle tuning in 1.6? I haven't messed with it yet.

http://www.ls1tuning.com/iboard/inde...=9&hl=idle
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Tuner

I tried that but I still need more apparently, I have 5.3L heads and a CC XE-R 224/224, .581/.581 112 in my A4 and it doesn't want to idle too well
    Victor&&99 T/A WS6 &&TEA 5.3 heads, 224, .581 112, Mac Mids, ORY, SLP Loudmouth, SLP Flowpac, ASP pulley, BMR PHB, LCA\'s w/relos., SFC\'s, Vig 3600 w/ 4L65E,deep pan, B&M transpak, Hayden trans cooler

Advanced Tuner

hey everyone. I got some tuning done exactly as above link stated, and car idles fine. However, when I put it in drive or reverse, car stalls. If I put it in neutral or park car idles fine. If I put it in reverse/drive, and push on gas car will keep running, and I can drive. Any thoughts? What do I check/what should I modify.
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Tuner

Never tuned an auto but maybe more idle air for the in gear values?
    98 M6 TA, mods: tsp torquer(233/233 .589 112), Patriot golds, ls6 oil pump, ls6 intake, tsp lid, pacesetter LT\'s and ORY, magnaflow, fra, HPTUNER!

Advanced Tuner

how do you control that? And how do you know how much idle air? What do I do step by step please?
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Advanced Tuner

anyone? Car is kind of annoying to drive having to hold one foot on brakes one on gas.
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Advanced Tuner

Come on guys, please get me started. I want to try and be able to drive my car tomorrow without it dieing on me all the time. Please?
    2001 Camaro SS A4