Thread: Need assistance with TUTD 6L80/T43/E38

Tuner in Training

Need assistance with TUTD 6L80/T43/E38

Just to preface this post, im not nearly as well versed with HPT as many of you are.
    Im a Diagnostic Tech at an indy shop. We do a lot of LS swaps for locals around the city.
    The guy who did the tuning and wiring passed away a couple years ago, and ive been trying to fill his shoes ever since.
    I have the knowledge ability to do basic changes, and just want to get these cars to the new tuner so i can go back to my boring job working on the grocery getters.

This car in particular is a Mazda RX-8; L77 and 6L80 directly from a '13? Caprice. A PSI Conversion harness was used with E38 provided by PSI.
    After trudging through multiple other issues, ive came to a grinding halt over the TUTD feature. The customer insists on having TUTD, retaining the factory mazda wheel. I have connected a Speartech Tapshift Box to the paddle assembly, essentially bypassing the resistance ladder of the wheel and using them as inputs to the Speartech Box. Hardwired into Pin 7 of our transmission connector. The T43 (Asylum Motorsports) is running OS 24265260, which from my understanding is the OS you want to make TUTD function. I have is set to 'Hardwired' and active in D6 (no up/down request) and i have done a 'Write Entire". Problem being when you put the shifter into D(D6), the PIDs in VCM scanner stays 'Normal' and 'PRNDL'. When i turn the ignition back, the scanner will display TUTD for the mode. Key on again; Normal. I am assuming (wrongly?) that its something along the line of tune setup or OS mismatch because in order for the switches to even work the TCM has to see you in TUTD mode.

Heres a tune file from last time i messed with it, can get a log if needed when im with the car again.
    ejsasofmay24TUTD3TEST.hpt

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated; im at my wits end

2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Tuner in Training
    http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/view...hp?f=17&t=3852

13 and older is different from 14 and newer