Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2004 Mustang GT new engine

Tuner in Training
    I did as you suggested, mstang_man, and copied the MBT table into the Borderline Knock table. The engine runs well, wideband shows close to lambda in closed loop. Long term fuel trims are close to zero, spark advance ranges from 45.5 to 13.0, depending on load. At steady throttle in closed loop, timing is in the 26-32 range. During WOT pulls timing is about 22. How do you usually proceed from here? ...regards, kevin

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by maxbyte View Post
    I did as you suggested, mstang_man, and copied the MBT table into the Borderline Knock table. The engine runs well, wideband shows close to lambda in closed loop. Long term fuel trims are close to zero, spark advance ranges from 45.5 to 13.0, depending on load. At steady throttle in closed loop, timing is in the 26-32 range. During WOT pulls timing is about 22. How do you usually proceed from here? ...regards, kevin
    Trial and Error, try to add 2-4* in the are you like to see a little more power and watch for Knock retard( if available add this PID to your datalog) if you start see knock retard you have gone to far some of the older mustang stock could run about 28* at WOT. I would creep up the timing 2-4*(deg) at time. the higher octane fuel can handle a little more timing.