Thread: LS7 stops when hot. P2119

Tuner in Training

LS7 stops when hot. P2119

Having issues with my 2008 LS7. E38 Ecu, msd intake, 102mm TB, heads cam. This is in a 67 Camaro.

Sometimes when running on track or autoX engine goes into REP or just stops. If it stops it won't restart in a minute or so. Coolant is around 190 or so. Headers etc is just hot from running hard.

Initially I thought it was a fuel issue, but I have a fuel pressure gauge and a manual override switch on the fuel pump relay so i can hear it run.

I have also tried to swap crank pos sensor, but it still stopped.

Looking at the log there is a P2119 code. Can my TB give me these issues? It is running fine until it doesn't, and after a restart it runs again.

Anyone?
    Can tolerances on the P2119 be tuned out

Advanced Tuner
    Without being able to look at the tune, its hard to say what may be causing this issue. Post the tune so others can help.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by LS ROB View Post
    Without being able to look at the tune, its hard to say what may be causing this issue. Post the tune so others can help.
    Current LS7.hpt

Attached is the tune.
    I am fairly sure it is the Throttle body. It is a unbranded 102mm DBW throttle body.
    The wierd part is that it works for hours and hours, but then stops. I am guessing it stops working properly when it gets too hot.

T

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by yukio View Post
    Current LS7.hpt

Attached is the tune.
    I am fairly sure it is the Throttle body. It is a unbranded 102mm DBW throttle body.
    The wierd part is that it works for hours and hours, but then stops. I am guessing it stops working properly when it gets too hot.

T
    I looked in the tune. Your DTC for that code is set for no mil light for that code. You can log some channels in the scanner that show the voltage and range of the TB. That may help you figure it out but of course you would have to log those until it acts up again. I'd say you are correct in thinking the Throttle body is suspect but Id try to do some more tests and logging to say for sure. Maybe one of the heavy hitters will come along shortly and have a definitive answer for you.