Thread: The data you read isn't from your vehicle - 2011 CTSV

Tuner in Training

The data you read isn't from your vehicle - 2011 CTSV

My car was previously tuned with another HP Tuners unit. When I attempt to read my file with mine, I am getting this message:

hpmsg.png

According to the HP Tuners help ( https://www.hptuners.com/help/VCM-Su...ur_vehicle.htm ) it will generate a stock file.

I need to adjust a few things to pass emissions. Will writing the adjusted file clear my current tune with a stock calibrated file? I've never encountered this before from previous tunes.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    yes
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    yes
    So what should I do to resolve this? Just rewrite the entire file?

It appears the file it is pulling is the modified file when comparing it to a stock 2011 CTSV file.

Tuning Addict
    Usually you only get that message with the fpcm or a transmission file, but even the transmission files that do that are only on newer platforms, so it should just the fpcm in which case you're most likely safe. Just read the file out and compare to stock. This will let you know if it's modified. You'll also want to check not to read the fpcm when reading - this will save you having to buy extra licenses for it and if it is modified will keep you from writing over something.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Usually you only get that message with the fpcm or a transmission file, but even the transmission files that do that are only on newer platforms, so it should just the fpcm in which case you're most likely safe. Just read the file out and compare to stock. This will let you know if it's modified. You'll also want to check not to read the fpcm when reading - this will save you having to buy extra licenses for it and if it is modified will keep you from writing over something.
    Thanks for the reply!

I compared the file it pulled to a stock file and it appears to be the modified file currently on the car.

I did find a solution. I updated my unit to the newest beta version and I no longer received this error message. I also compared the non-error file to the file it pulled with the error and they are identical. Looks like the update resolved the issue.

Tuning Addict
    Interesting and good to hear - how old of a hpt version were you using?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Interesting and good to hear - how old of a hpt version were you using?
    I don't recall exactly but 4.8 something I believe.