Thread: 5.3/manual trans swap. Throttle hang. How to tune out?

Potential Tuner

5.3/manual trans swap. Throttle hang. How to tune out?

Newbie tuner. Have hptuners. Have done a few basic tunes(vats/emissions deletes). I did a swap for a friend into his '91 k1500 Chevy pickup. Used the original 5 speed in the truck. Engine is a Drive by cable.
    Two main issues. One, Idle flair on start up. Revs up to 2200-2500 for a few seconds before it eventually comes down. Decided it was because it was expecting park signal so we supplied the ECM with ground to the park signal pin. Mostly solved that issue but i'd like to make it correct in the tune so we don't have to trick it. Two, When shifting, the revs stay up. They don't drop back down like you would expect between the time you push in the clutch and grab the next gear.

I need to know what I can do in the tune to try and resolve these issues. Of note, we aren't running a VSS, and the current tune is the stock 5.3/4l60e with all the trans codes disabled.
    Thank you for any advice!

Change trans to manual. Make sure you have a brake input to PCM. Perform "Idle relearn", get a VSS. Run a signal generator and change to analog.

Selecting manual from the drop down does nothing.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    I've read both of the above in other threads during my searches. I think I'm going to switch the trans to manual and see if anything actually happens and then copy a lot of a manual trans tune into the original 5.3 tune.

5 Finger has many more years than I do on this. I am going off of a Class 8 I was having issues with because they did a full manual valve body on a 4L80e. Gave me fits. Couldn't get a good VSS etc. I remember trying non electric and manual from a suggestion on here and it seemed to help. Could have been a combo of other things. Anyways if he says it does nothing, then it does nothing. As for VSS and brake signal input you need it.

Tuner in Training
    throttle cracker more than likely
    ?

Advanced Tuner
    You may want to post the tune, but If you are getting throttle hang when pushing in the clutch, it sounds like your Base Running Airflow is too high.

Potential Tuner
    Just getting around finally to try and adjust this tune. Worth noting is that the truck does have a sheet metal intake and 92mm throttle body. I have attached the tune that is in the truck now if you would like to check it out and see if there is anything obvious.

I have not done the russk idle Config yet. I'm going to research that and see what it has to tell me.

Thank you for your help already!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    I finally made what could be a useful log if anyone wants to take a look at it. When you go to rev it, it lags. And then when you get it to rev, the idle hangs up around 1700rpm. I also noticed that at normal idle (800rpm) IAC is at zero.
    Attached Files Attached Files