Thread: 0803 and 0153 codes with stock tune

Tuner in Training

0803 and 0153 codes with stock tune

I just had a stock 2002 C5 manual tune put into my 2002 C5 because I swapped a manual into my vette. I had the typical O2 sensor code come up while I was there, so he deleted that for me. I have a complete LG's exhaust, minus the cats, and no down stream O2's. No problem there now. When I got home, shortly after I went to leave and I noticed the MIL light, I thought it was just the O2's somehow came back. When I read the code, it ended up being 0803 and 0153.

0803 is upshift solenoid control circuit malfunction. That makes sense, I have a skip shit installed. How do I delete the code from showing up?

0153 is O2 sensor circuit slow response (bank 2 sensor1). This one has me a little confused, I never had this code until the new tune put in. Any help?

This is where I think I need to make the change to delete the MIL for the up shift (see picture). Is this correct?

I am very new to using HP Tuners, so please make you responses very plain and detailed. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by PRDATOR; 09-02-2022 at 06:54 PM.

Senior Tuner
    0803 change no MIL to no error reported. If you want to test the O2 first you can swap it with the other side and if the code changes to 0133 then the O2 is getting weak so change it. If it stays P0153 then look for an exhaust leak around the O2. Or you can just change the pass side O2. It's strange that it set the 0153 without setting the 1153 first.

Tuner in Training
    So, in the picture I added, I am correct on where to shut it off at?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PRDATOR View Post
    So, in the picture I added, I am correct on where to shut it off at?
    That's correct.

Tuner in Training
    thank you.

Tuner in Training
    Edit an went good for the up shift. Sealed the leaks in three exhaust, still getting code. Will swap from right to left, see if it follows. If it does, I have a new O2 ready to go. If not, time to start looking for the issue. Thanks again for the help.