Thread: Friends PCM back from Tuner and electronic throttle control not working?

Friends PCM back from Tuner and electronic throttle control not working?

A friend just got his PCM back from a tuner and his Electronic Throttle Control is no longer working. This is on a 2002 C5 PCM. The only thing that the tuner said he changed was the Column lock was set to "not fitted" and the FailFuelCut VSS value was set to 255mph(from 2mph).

Would the change to the FFC VSS affect ETC? I told him I would ask here to see if you guys might have any clue what change on the PCM might disable the ETC?

The car ran fine before he sent the PCM off. Im trying to help him out and find the problem. He's a GM parts manager and has replaced a bunch of parts and he thinks a change to the PCM caused the problem.

I tried searching but was unable to find anything that seemed related.(he's close, so we thought we would try and solve it before sending the PCM back across country)

Any tips?
    David

Senior Tuner
    It looks to me like a lot of use is being made of the
    Camaro, van, truck OS for other platforms and it
    might be possible that a mail order tuner started
    with a "canned tune" from a cable throttle platform
    by mistake?

I'd look at the OS info that comes back and see if
    it is different than the PCM that was sent out.

yah it kinda sounds like an OS that doesn't have ETC
    2004 Sierra, 5.3L, K&N, TB Bypass, HP Tuners, FLT 4l80/Yank PT3200/SE Conversion, Dynatech LT's, LS1 Fans, 3:73's, HID's in Headlights/Fogs, 22" Velocity Wheels.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2492197

OS is 12593358. Pretty certain its a 2002 C5 LS6 OS.

Is there any parameter I could check in the above OS that could affect the ETC functionality?

David

Can you post the tune?
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Here you go. I took his program and did a write entire to my PCM/Car and I also got zero throttle response... so its definately something in the programming and not wiring/hardware.

Appreciate any assistance you can provide.

David

No tune in that post eh...
    Bill Winters

should be there now

Yea, thats a tune from an '02 vette. You got me. Could try re-flashing back to stock and see if it works again.
    Bill Winters

Here's a stock 02 Z06 file: Verified fresh off the Tech2.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Did notice that P0121-123 and 1121, 1122 (TPS) DTC reporting is disabled in the posted tune?
    Last edited by mowton; 09-29-2007 at 08:26 AM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

The next thing I tried was to do a compare log and copy over all the tables to a known working 2002 OS. After doing this, the car started and the throttle worked fine, so its probably not a table that is available in the compare log.

I checked the P0121-123 and 1121, 1122 and they are the same as a known working car, so thats probably not it.. but thanks for the tip...

David