Thread: serial not matching up with what I license

Tuner in Training

serial not matching up with what I license

serial number not matching up with what i licensed

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    More details as to what exactly you mean?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    i licensed my car used 2 credits and when i try to open the file it is asking me again to license file????

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    a. download & install the newest public update 2.2.0 from your customer login page.

b. go to Help-license info & click the small blue hp icon while your interface is connected.

Tuner
    problem resolved. He needed to re-synch the cable for his new activation and then re-download the tune again to acknowledge with the cable. Perhaps next time it would be wise to go another step further instead of saying "I don't know, have a good night". We did all the suggested ideas you told us. That wasn't the problem. Problem was the serial number was x and when he went to view the file it seen it as y and we never did anything to x to make it y.

His serial numbers didn't match up when he first pulled his tune, he burned his two credits and downloaded his tune but shortly after when he wanted to browse it he was told 2 more credits please. Nothing had changed with his setup so I am uncertain as to why it displayed two different serial numbers but it did.

Also, I hope in the future you guys come out with a feature in the comparison log that allows you to do vice versa copys so I don't have to burn credits to swap the tune files the "other way" around. That would be great, but still kill the functionality of allowing to write without credits established. Very annoying when I have an 05 Stage 2 tune to go on a 06 OEM tune and cannot compare the 06 tune as the primary and 05 as secondary because I am not registered, I don't care I am registered? I just want to save quick changes and not write them.. I only want to copy and not write..

-Mike

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by sneaky
    problem resolved. He needed to re-synch the cable for his new activation and then re-download the tune again to acknowledge with the cable. Perhaps next time it would be wise to go another step further instead of saying "I don't know, have a good night". We did all the suggested ideas you told us. That wasn't the problem. Problem was the serial number was x and when he went to view the file it seen it as y and we never did anything to x to make it y.
    The problem was he was opening a file with serial number
    86YMWRK36006BGQE

But he was licensed to serial number
    86YMLMK151991E1R

I spent over 3 hours and 18+ back & forth emails trying to tell him via email to open the file he sent me via email and take a screenshot of it asking him for a license and he kept sending me a screenshot of the other file.

If you read my post I already told him to resync the licenses and told him several times to do this via email. I can only instruct people on what needs to be done.

So there was a little more than just Sorry I dunno have a good night to it

Tuner
    Well it's all behind us right now but for those who are not fimilar with the product it does make for a very cumbersome experience. Thanks for the assistance.