Thread: RTT bias/filtering

RTT bias/filtering

ok, new one. real time tuning for air temp bias/filtering. it would make it soooooooo much easier to dial it this stupid table
    2004 GTO Blk/Rd M6 (Ziggy)

Best ET: 12.390 ET, 112.73MPH, 1.819 60ft

Advanced Tuner
    That sure would be nice.... however I doubt we'll be seeing it.... "maybe too advanced for HPT
    2005 Pontiac GTO LS2

MY FQUICK - http://www.fquick.com/cyclone_chris

Mods:
    K&N Intake | 18" Staggered TSW Thruxton Setup | Toyo T1-R Tires | Billet Products Short Shifter | Kooks 1-3/4" LT Catted headers | NGK TR55 | Ported Stock Intake Manifold | Corsa Sport Exhaust | Polished T/B | FlowTech Streetsweeper V2 Cam | SLP UD Pulley | 160 Thermostat | LS7 Clutch | 39# Ford Blue Giant Injectors | Scorpion Roller Rockers |

445 RWHP/413 RWTQ

Senior Tuner
    not doable

so is Heidi Klum but i'd ask anyways
    2004 GTO Blk/Rd M6 (Ziggy)

Best ET: 12.390 ET, 112.73MPH, 1.819 60ft

Quote Originally Posted by redhardsupra
    not doable
    nothing is "Not Doable"...it just might take something more than a simple set of commands to make it happen
    -Scott -

Like maybe a LINUX cluster.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Senior Tuner
    no, not doable as i know the math that's needed for it to be executed to calculate it, and HPT does not support anything i need to get it done.
    and yes, a distributed set of Matlab engines would help

Advanced Tuner
    So where does this leave us as far as tuning VE on LS2's? Do we just leave bias and ve alone and curve the maf?
    www.outlawpontiacdragseries.com
    Come race with us in MA, PA, and VA!

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.
    Stock:13.36@104
    Mods in sig:[email protected]

Senior Tuner
    it's not just about ls2's, this is about tuning in general.
    it looks like MAF accounts for temps automatically, which makes it a simpler to tune. of course you need accurate fuel flow to calculate MAF using a WB. so in pure MAF and known injectors, you could dial in the MAF polynomial precisely, and then map out the MAF airflow figures on top of the MAP/RPM axis of the VE table, and backcalculate VE from that.
    but if your injectors are off, or you dont have the full data, it all goes out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePiss
    So where does this leave us as far as tuning VE on LS2's? Do we just leave bias and ve alone and curve the maf?
    On the Gen 3's I could see maybe messing with it. The E40's VE table is not fun to deal with given the units. I couldn't comprehend trying to mess with the constants that make up the VE formula on the E67's and the like with no real VE table to even look at.

I disabled the VE months ago and haven't looked back. I know those who are tuning purists and probably a little OCDish will say I'm dumbing down the car but I think you guys are making things overly complicated. Here's to ya though. It's neat to read about.
    Last edited by 5_Liter_Eater; 12-17-2007 at 09:45 PM.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game