Page 17 of 116 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyHouseCustoms
    What's up, my name is Jay and I am opening a new shop in South Brunswick, NJ. I am trying to get a hold of Bill@hptuners. We are very interested in being a tuning shop and only about 15 minutes from Trenton. We are getting a Mustang Dyno as well. Give me an email Bill!

Thanks,
    Jay
    Welcome Jay!

Give me a shout at Bill at Hptuners.com if you haven't already

It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Hi, I'm Steve from metro east Illinois (Collinsville). I have an '04 Ion Redline and just purchased the stage 2 upgrade. I'm waiting to get it installed but need some answers. Can this upgrade be installed and retuned without going to GM? If so, I need some data to provide my mechanic, who has a dyno and tuner, with tech info for setting the tune. Can anyone help me?

Tuner in Training
    Hey my name is andrew, by day im a tech at a buick pontiac GMC dealer, ive been tuneing the LS based trucks on the side at night, along with some W body stuff

Hello HP Tuners forums. My name is Dan.

This is my first post, but I have already read through most of the posts in this thread, just to get a feel for you guys (and gals?). It seems I am among potential peers and mentors here, so that is very nice to see.

A bit about me:
    I got my first GM automobile a few months ago, and I must say, I didn't mess around! I got a 2001 Z06 and have already taken it to the drag strip and autocross a couple times and to a road course (Buttonwillow) once. Prior to the 'Vette, I have messed around with OBD-0 1988 to 1991 Honda Civics & CRXs. I haven't ever used a wideband or taken a car to a dyno (yet), but I have fiddled with the fuel maps on a real-time programmable setup on the CRX's little 1.6L VTEC engine. So, now I am stepping up to the big leagues with OBD-II V8 professional tuning software in a true sports car. With any luck, this should be a good time...

I went with HPT Pro because I saw the comparisons with EFI Live and it seems HPT has EFIL matched or beaten in virtually every category.

I work in field service currently, and prior to this, I was in the Marines as an avionics calibration tech. I have an Associates degree in Computer Info Systems and have been a shadetree geek/mechanic, in some form or another, most of my life. I came to California for the Marines 4 years ago, and I have stayed around since I got out 1 year ago. I am originally from Kentucky.

I look forward to some happy tuning and wrenching, and more importantly, driving and racing!
    Last edited by KFZ)^; 11-06-2007 at 02:11 PM.
    2001 Corvette Z06

Hi all,
    new to EFU tuning, love cars trucks and high performance, specially drag racing!!!
    Like the forum lots of great info and a lot of knowledge and experience for sure.
    Have a great day.

Carlos

Tuner in Training

My name is Bill and I hail from San Jose, Ca. I just purchased HPT after putting it off too long. I know some of you and I'll be looking to learn as much as possible in the coming days/months and years.
    2005 SIERRA [email protected] CLICK PIC FOR MODS

566/613My other ride is a '91 Electraglide custom.

My name is James I hale from Gainesville, FL go Gators. I am very excited about using Hptuners I am a big car person I want to learn everything the pro's know so I will have lots of questions.

Tuner in Training
    My name is Darrell. I am a retired electrical/instrument/control systems engineer from the oil & gas insdustry. I purchased a new 2005 Corvette in 2006 and recently added a Procharger setup with wide band AFR. Not happy with the tune performed by my tuner using LS2 Edit, I decided to purchase HPT and see if I could figure it out myself. So far, this forum has been invaluable to my learning process. I have no doubt that I will eventually get it optimized.
    2005 VR, Z-51, Six Speed, Procharger D1 @ 8psi, piller mount vacuum/boost/wide band gages, LPE hood, Z06 Rear fenders, 160 deg T/S, LG Motorsport headers w/cats & X-Pipe, Chrome Z06 Wheels, Z06 Brake Upgrade w/ SS lines, Full VR GM Spoiler, KP BAP w/Racetronix wiring harness, DPE Procharger 2 minute oil drain kit, Michelin Runflat Pilot Sport 345/30/19 Rear, 275/35/18 front, Halltech CAI, Tuned and Dyno'd at 521 rwhp 489 rwt by LG Motorsports

Potential Tuner
    My name is Todd, live in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, work as a control technician in the pharmaceutical field. I have an 05 Pontiac GTO, with some mods, cam, headers, gears, etc., still trying to learn about tuning and enjoying using HPTuners.

My Name Is Earl Schexnayder, I Own/operate Schexnayder Racing.. We Specialize In Turbos,nitrous,prochargers,vortechs,and Paxton Superchargers..i Have Used Quite A Bit Of Software, Though No Expert!!! Efi Live, Sct, Diablo Sport, Ford Epec!! I Really Like The Hp Tuners Stuff!! Kinda Easy To Use Like The Fast Xfi, And Bigstuff3 Products!! I Am Just Trying To Get Used To All The Features With Hp Tuners!!

Potential Tuner
    Alright, my name is hector im from south texas, the valley, I've been wanting to start tuning my own cars/trucks, but i have no idea where to start? i dont know wat to buy, i dont know weather its easy or not. i've heard many rumors of how its difficult in the biginning and heard of how some guys have left trucks unable to start which timid me into starting. The truth is i want to learn im asking you guys for help and tips and steps. please message me and answer my questions, thank you..

Potential Tuner
    Well guys i am new here... My name is shannon. I work at a GM dealer in Riverside, CA. I am 24 years old and soon to be married.. I have been building and tuning cars and boats for a long time, but the tuning usually came way of the carburetor and distributor.

Now i have an 2006 ecsb 4.8 2wd 1500 chevy silverado. I am a member/moderator on performancetrucks.net and many of the members there use hpt. So actually a local member let me borrow his for awhile. so here I am hopefully you guys can help me out.

anyone know how can i access the tune repository?
    Sarcasm is just one of the many services I offer

2006 ECSB 4.8L
    Transgo spacer plate, alum accum piston kit, Sonnax Super hold 4th Servo, vette servos... few other tranny tweaks

E-MAIL ME

Cool Hi, My Name Is Bill,... And I'm An Alcoholic...

Hi, My Name Is Bill,... I'm An Alcoholic...
    Wait, wrong meeting...
    Hi, I'm Bill,...
    I'm a DHP PT Owner

I stopped in to look around, and to try and learn a thing or 2

Hope to make a few friends along the way!
    2004 GTP Comp-G | DHP PowrTuner | ZZP MPS 3.4 & 3.2 | Ceramic Coated Pace Setter Headers w/ 3" Downpipe & Cat Delete | ZZP Shift Kit | Poly Trans & Motor Mounts | AeroForce Dual Interceptor Scan Gauges | Underdrive Water Pump Pulley | 180° T-Stat | TB Spacer | TB Heat Shield | K&N Drop-in Filter | 110% Gutted Air-Box | TR6IX Iridium Plugs | 8.5mm MSD (red) Spark Plug Wires | Extra Alternator Wire (Direct Route)

Advanced Tuner
    Hey gents,

My name is Jerry (what a secret!). I used to be an active participant in the DHP PT forums (no more, though), and regsitered here with the hopes that I can learn about the HPT and share what I know about the tuning process.

Looking forward to the fun!
    '99 Black GTP Sedan
    3.4-2.6" PB Quick Change pulleys, Custom CAI, XP Cam, N* TB, LQ4 MAF, SLP headers, 42.5# Injectors, 180/195* thermostat.

13.501 @ 103.392 on 91 (2.4 60-foot).
    13.82 @ 105.28 on 87 octane! (2.42 60-foot).
    263kph top end as shown on the GPS.
    All this and 39MPG to boot. What more can a man ask for?
    * Just another enthusiastic amateur tuner! *

Tuner
    Wow, hell hath been frozen over - Hi Jerry, never thought I would live to see the day you joined HPT's forum.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Welcome Jerry, glad to see you've migrated over
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Hey guys. My name is Mike and I will be looking into purchasing this tuning package after the holidays due to discontinuation of development in another product

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by damojo2003
    Hey guys. My name is Mike and I will be looking into purchasing this tuning package after the holidays due to discontinuation of development in another product
    It must be in the water...
    2004 GTP Comp-G | DHP PowrTuner | ZZP MPS 3.4 & 3.2 | Ceramic Coated Pace Setter Headers w/ 3" Downpipe & Cat Delete | ZZP Shift Kit | Poly Trans & Motor Mounts | AeroForce Dual Interceptor Scan Gauges | Underdrive Water Pump Pulley | 180° T-Stat | TB Spacer | TB Heat Shield | K&N Drop-in Filter | 110% Gutted Air-Box | TR6IX Iridium Plugs | 8.5mm MSD (red) Spark Plug Wires | Extra Alternator Wire (Direct Route)

Advanced Tuner
    Hey guys, another PT owner here hoping to migrate after the first of the year. I joined a few months ago, but have just recently started posting.

I'll bet you'll be seeing a lot of us soon
    -Eddie

1998 GTP - 3.4 [3.2] [3.0] MPS - custom CAI - F.1 Ram Air hood - Gen V - XP Cam - Ported Heads - 1.84/1.60 Si valves - 1.6 HS Roller Rockers - 72mm Ported TB - LQ4 MAF - 42.5# Lucas Injectors - Pacesetters
    1/4 PB - 13.025 @ 106.81 MPH w/ 2.069 60' (before Gen V or ported heads)
    2021 Chevrolet Colorado 2.8 Baby Duramax

Advanced Tuner
    Boy this feels like old home week, lol.
    My name is Mark, another PT owner. Been lurking here for a while and just recently purchased HPT. Looking forward to moving to the next level...
    2005 Grand Prix GTP
    My CarDomain Page