Thread: injectors

Tuner in Training

injectors

I know this isnt the scanner part of the forums but i was hopeing one of this diesel guys would know. Im sure everyone is aware with the injector problems on the lb7 motor and i know you can check them with other programs. Does anyone know how to check them with hp tuners?

thanks guys, J

Tuner
    I Dont.

Tuner in Training
    you dont know about the injector issues or how to check them?

Tuner in Training
    you need to go into the scanner part of the software and look at the balancing rates. +/- 4 in park AND +/- 6 in drive are the specs for the injectors. The main issue with your year injectors is cracking and ball seat erosion. That will not show up in balancing rates. that will show up with diesel fuel in your oil.

If you do see high balancing rates on some injectors then you can bring your truck to the dealer and have just the bad ones replaced if you are under the 100k warranty.

hope i helped.

do you mean .4 & .6?
    2006 LBZ Duramax 4x4 CC SB 2500HD SRW 4x4 LT1 (with extras), Blocked & Fingered, Fumoto drain valve, Keystone Ram Air Good Hood, Banks Ram Air, Access cover & Rhino over the rails, Victory Red.
    33'-0" Dutchman fifthwheel,Tekonsha Voyager Brake Controller

Banks Sixgun with HPTUNERS.

Tuner in Training
    And they just upped the warranty to 200k miles on those LB7 injectors. MIne is getting checked next week.

Don

Tuner in Training
    I met a guy at work the has a 02 and he was telling me he got all new injectors. He said said his truck was smoking bad. He then told me that the mechanic told him that the way gms warranty is that if you have diesel fuel in the oil then they will replace them all. so if you had bad balance rates i dont know what would stop you from dumping some fuel in the oil right before you make it to the dealership. why not get them all replaced.. right

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by CRASHNBURN
    do you mean .4 & .6?

nope, it's 4.0 and 6.0

as for dumping fuel in your oil. There is more diagnosing then just looking at the oil. We then test the fuel return rate which would justify the fuel in the oil.... if you don't fail that then we don't have justification to replace all 8 injectors.

Quote Originally Posted by StewieTuned
    nope, it's 4.0 and 6.0

as for dumping fuel in your oil. There is more diagnosing then just looking at the oil. We then test the fuel return rate which would justify the fuel in the oil.... if you don't fail that then we don't have justification to replace all 8 injectors.
    Thanks Stewie. I had one injector that would read 1.6. I was thinking that one was bad because the other ones are .2 - .6. Hey I did pass your know name on as a reseller for some guys also. Have a good one.
    2006 LBZ Duramax 4x4 CC SB 2500HD SRW 4x4 LT1 (with extras), Blocked & Fingered, Fumoto drain valve, Keystone Ram Air Good Hood, Banks Ram Air, Access cover & Rhino over the rails, Victory Red.
    33'-0" Dutchman fifthwheel,Tekonsha Voyager Brake Controller

Banks Sixgun with HPTUNERS.