Thread: Gtp Afr ?

Gtp Afr ?

I have seen many people say an AFR of 11.5 - 12.0 should be commanded on a GTP. I understand that my actual AFR may be different than what I am commanding and that I cannot verify without a wideband. Would it hurt to change my AFR from 14.7 to 11.5 or 12.0 at this point in time?

Any advice or direction here would be great.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Shazbot; 11-29-2007 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Grammar

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Even in stock form your WOT commanded PE should NOT be commanding 14.7:1.

If your referring to stoich, NO you should NOT change your stoich afr table and I don't know of many that have done this & to this day still don't know why you would.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Only at WOT will you need a AFR of 11's. Normal driving you can run 14-16afr depending on timing/load. If you had a real wideband you'd see it dance in the 14.4-15.4 range while driving. At WOT it should hang in the low 11's.
    Invest in a wideband before making changes that could destroy the engine!
    ~Scott

Quote Originally Posted by UR50SLO
    Only at WOT will you need a AFR of 11's. Normal driving you can run 14-16afr depending on timing/load. If you had a real wideband you'd see it dance in the 14.4-15.4 range while driving. At WOT it should hang in the low 11's.
    Invest in a wideband before making changes that could destroy the engine!
    ~Scott
    I was dumb and bought the standard interface, I should have bought the pro, now I have to upgrade I like the idea of having my AFR directly in the tuner. Will be a good time to do it this winter, my car is officially out of commission until Spring starting tomorrow.

It's nice to have it log right in the same program but not required. I run a AEM wideband in the Typhoon and the Jimmy. I can see what changes I make right on the wideband gauge. My HPT has the inputs where I can log if I want to.
    I use Tuner Pro on the Typhoon with Code 59. It runs right off the wideband! Not bad for a 92 ecm
    ~Scott