Thread: Strange stumble...

Strange stumble...

For some reason while i'm driving down the road most of the time in OD under a light load i get a bit of a stumble. I changed the o2 sensors with 13111's, plugs (tr6's), wires (gmpp) and put a can of sea foam through the gas tank now for some reason it has created this stumble from time to time. Its like the motor completely misses a revolution or two and u can feel the reduce of speed or torque i should say from forward movement. It ran perfect before this all happened and i just decided to do a tune up which i do quite often on it to ensure to myself that everything is fresh. The battery was also totally dead and i charged it back up and this is when i noticed all these problems. Could the tune of gotten jacked up from the new wires because the old ones may of been bad? I'm totally lost in what this could be! And now it idles a little rougher and dies when i back up where it didn't before!
    Last edited by 01WS6; 11-30-2007 at 08:42 PM.

Any ideas?

Tuner
    Check the wires to see if you burnt one and make sure they are all on tight. Also check the plug gaps again. You might have closed one of them.

Sometimes its the real simple things. Check them first.
    Rob
    04 GTO

Senior Tuner
    Bad batteries cause all kinds of drivability issues. If it was dead, it was probably weak to start with, replace it.

i have a loose wire running from my alternator that i haven't gotten around to fixing yet and it does some stuff like this when the connection gets particularly iffy. check those out.