Thread: Timeframe for complete Turbo Solstice/Sky solution?

Potential Tuner

Timeframe for complete Turbo Solstice/Sky solution?

Love the HPTuners SW, but am anxiously awaiting the ability to really let my Turbo Sol stretch it's legs. IE, Boost & RPM tuning.

Are we at a technical dead end with these cars or is it just a matter of time? Timeframe?

Thanks!
    Russ

Tuner in Training
    Just another asking the same question, I seem to be maxed out at about 270 rwhp and 300 ft/lbs of torque. I want more PLEASE!

Advanced Tuner
    Can we get a simple update on progress?
    Last edited by shabby; 12-30-2007 at 11:17 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Honeoye,Ny. Boondox son. Shoot guns out my back door. noone cares.
    Echo!!!! Oooh I can hear my voice!

Tuner in Training
    Here is my daily rant for an update PLEASE! I know over over 100 people standing with cash money waiting for the code to be cracked and we can't even get an update. I spent a lot of money for the VCM suite stop ignoring us damnit!

silver tongued devil

Quote Originally Posted by lil goat
    Here is my daily rant for an update PLEASE! I know over over 100 people standing with cash money waiting for the code to be cracked and we can't even get an update. I spent a lot of money for the VCM suite stop ignoring us damnit!
    OHHHHHHH yeahhh sweet talkin 'm that'll help !! motivate 'm

justa idea but ask lyndon ( an hp dealer ) to voice his requests and needs......

well like you said "they got your $$ already" ...... how about some specific help , update requests from your buddy actually selling their product........ some input from someone "keeping the duckie$ rollin in ".......... maybe a clearer voice - or "dealer" could add to your cause

theres a lotta folks vying for their r&d time..... the gxp application tho not perfect came out PDQ........i believe there are platforms out much longer still begging for something
    i've been out the loop but what exactley do you need ?......where is the problem with what you have ? whats lacking specifically, whats keeping you from the more ??...... i suspect tey'd respond better to tech talk than crybaby "dayum damittin rants " about gotcha $.. .and ignoring you
    get your ((((( 100 ))) different people with $$CASH $$$ to sign in TOO...its not like you don't have access to'm and those sit on their butt let you do all the begging are the ones needing a daily rant
    ....otherwise it sounds like________ and you'd prolly get more attention with 100 different people than ___1 daily bitch fess______ hahahahahaha........happy new year puddin

2.4 ecotech ( 2006 pontiac solstice )
    42lb injectors
    trim 50 garrett t3t4 (custom -barebones pumpking )
    boost @ aprox 7 <10
    38mm tial wastegate and bov
    3" tubes front to back
    werks radiator
    bell intercooler
    GXP,magna flo exhaust-with integrated dumptube by B_FASTER & R&D
    aem wideband
    custom manifold -by sh**er the skunk
    (((HP ))) tuning - in progress
    jet hot 2000
    aerospace logic egt kit

It's not a case of we got your money so you are SOL or anything like that. It's a case of this development project is behind a couple of others at present. It hasn't been dropped, forgotten or ignored. It's also not as simple as it sounds because these bosch controllers are well... very "different".
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for a response, I (we) understand the difficulty, we just need to hear something occasionally. And to address some of the comments, to quote the dealer I bought the HPT from "stay on them like white on rice". I have been one of the biggest promoters of HPT for quite some time, for the GXP/RL. We have hit a road block, we can do no more without getting an engine code. No matter what modes you do the ECM adjusts and sends you back. I know HPT is the future for our cars, I am many others are impatient.

Advanced Tuner
    If this project is behind a couple others, and its a different animal all together... is there a chance a this ecm wont be unlocked this year?
    When the beta was released many people ordered the hpt package, 6 months later the project its on the back burner, dont think many owners will be pleased.
    Last edited by shabby; 01-02-2008 at 04:25 PM.

couple others as in weeks or months or ??

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    It's not a case of we got your money so you are SOL or anything like that. It's a case of this development project is behind a couple of others at present. It hasn't been dropped, forgotten or ignored. It's also not as simple as it sounds because these bosch controllers are well... very "different".
    kinda sounds like went as far as we could figure .....and shelved to do different stuff............
    if i were btf's wife and my car had been modded up expecting resolution wellllllll the snow is far from melting........ hope they str8 by spring !!
    2.4 ecotech ( 2006 pontiac solstice )
    42lb injectors
    trim 50 garrett t3t4 (custom -barebones pumpking )
    boost @ aprox 7 <10
    38mm tial wastegate and bov
    3" tubes front to back
    werks radiator
    bell intercooler
    GXP,magna flo exhaust-with integrated dumptube by B_FASTER & R&D
    aem wideband
    custom manifold -by sh**er the skunk
    (((HP ))) tuning - in progress
    jet hot 2000
    aerospace logic egt kit

Advanced Tuner
    True indeed, hopefully my ass isnt left hanging in the wind. (although it can be kinda nice if it's warm out,lol)

Having worked on code for various projects, it's not quite as simple as everyone thinks. Just because HPT put this in a format that makes it easy--doesn't mean it's easy by any stretch.

For example--to our knowledge, we've been the only people who've hacked the 1994-2003+ 6.5TD and released a software package for this vehicle...but it's been a 4 year project.

They're not giving up on this, and they're also not staffed enough to devote full time to it.

Lyndon.

Tuner in Training
    Chris, Bill,
    Any expected time frame for more tables in this application?

Thanks

can't give a date sorry, we are making slow progress on hiring new development staff
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    Give them time guys. At least you have some support for your computers. I have a Saab 9-3 with the same motor as you and I have a totally different computer all together. If I want to do mods, I've got the options of a cold air intake, turbo-back, and that's about it that the plug-n-play (for $1000) can support.

Give them time, they will get it sorted out in due time. Be happy that they are being careful and not releasing a product that could leave you stranded because you're vehicle was slightly different than their test models.
    2000 T/A - Thompson Motorsports 416ls3, F1A procharger, HP tuned. Just a couple psi of boost.
    2013 Mercedes C350, wish HPtuners worked.

Advanced Tuner
    All true. Its just hard once you get a taste. It's like having your new g/f say you can only put it in halfway....

Advanced Tuner
    Chris, I wish Id gone for programming instead of hardware. Id be balls deep in code with ya man.

Tuner in Training
    bump