Thread: Onstar "Tattletale"???

Tuner

Onstar "Tattletale"???

I recently ran across a first, I tuned a buddy's truck, after he saw the MPG gain and felt the power increase, he wanted the same done to his wife's 05 Tahoe. Upon further discussion with the wife, we discovered that she pays for the monthly diagnostic E-mail report from Onstar.
    I didn't tune the Tahoe, seeing how they live 5 states away I didn't want to create any confusion between the PCM and Onstar.
    What kind of report would she get if I were to SDRTT tune via LM1?

My thinking was initially she would prob. get a crazy report listing such things as COT, MAF and general PCM communication. But after driven for a bit w/ no check engine lights on, it would prob. be OK?

Or would the authority's track me down, while I'm trying to dial in the MAF.........

chris

You could always pull the Onstar related fuses but I haven't run into Onstar issues like that.
    Always Support Our Troops!

My ODBII port is powered through the On* fuse. Can't pull it during tuning.
    2005 Grand Prix GXP - 5.3 LS4 - HP Tuned, MF catback, 1.8 rockers, K&N, Some day I'll finish putting the LS6 intake on

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TiredGXP
    My ODBII port is powered through the On* fuse. Can't pull it during tuning.
    Iwas thinking the same, Cig lighter usually is the culprit of Dead OBDII due to blown fuse.

Potential Tuner
    Onstar doesn't track that info in real time, they just pull it once a month right before they email it to you.
    I get the reports by email, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by msdinsp
    Onstar doesn't track that info in real time, they just pull it once a month right before they email it to you.
    I wouldnt be so sure i was tuning a Yukon and i was at about 110 and i got a phone call from OnStart saying that my VSS wasn't working right

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ZZebes
    I wouldnt be so sure i was tuning a Yukon and i was at about 110 and i got a phone call from OnStart saying that my VSS wasn't working right
    Answer back: "nope it's workin' fine! WOOOOO!!!" hehehe
    The '07 Aura XR
    [In] XM ExpressEZ
    [Next] intake res delete, Tint, Eibachs

The Procharged Ion - SMP Stage 2 QC
    20/5 tint, SPS stb, CF dash, reflective bumper insert, 62mm TB, RL plugs, masked corners, progress rsb, RL fsb, 2.5" cat-back, triple pod w/ Boost, FPG, LC-1 & XD-16, filled front & rear mounts, pclear shorty shift, Procharged, Eibach Pros, 8k HIDs - 188.28whp / 175.03wtq, NO TUNE

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by msdinsp
    That's what I figured,

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ZZebes
    That's Hilarious....