Thread: Attn HPT staff

Attn HPT staff

As per my thread...or...my...problem thread started by someone else:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16761

I am wondering if you guys could rule out the problem being in my OS. Just something i was thinking about:

Take a tune that is known to lockup and stay locked in 4th gear with no throttle, like a 5.7 Fbody 4l60, and do a segment swap to run my 80E trans, and change the vin and all for me, send it back, have me do a write entire and see if it works? I can send an hpt file to you guys, along with my VCM ID and all that good stuff. I need to get this figured out, otherwise im going to keep running my tcc using PWM since the lockup/unlock disturbs my passenger as well as my dog. lol

Won't work. 80E code is way different than 60/65/70E code.
    Always Support Our Troops!

What are you saying though? People have segment swaps done all the time on here? I guess I'm misunderstanding you then lol

The 60E and 80E use diffrent segments because of the difference in transmissions and how they accomplish power flow routing. Trucks that use same O/S for the 60E also use the same O/S for the 80E. It could simply be an issue with the 80E's power flow routing and not an O/S or calibration issue.
    Always Support Our Troops!