Thread: stage 2 ss/sc issues

Thumbs down stage 2 ss/sc issues

ok i have been trying to help a friend out, he has stage 2 tune. ever since his car was stock he has had idle surging issues. so i got the car to idle very smooth for him. problem is if the car is rolling and he puts in the clutch the car goes right back to surging. basically if the car is moving and in nuetral the idle bounces up and down, until he gets to a complete stop. once at a complete stop it goes back to being very smooth. i spent a couple of hours on it today trying to figure it out with no change hopefully one of you guys can tell me what i'm missing
    thanks
    jimbo

btw this is a 2006 cobalt ss/sc
    Last edited by jimbos'ss; 04-20-2008 at 10:24 PM.

bump anyone?

anybody

The tables I was going to tell you to alter aren't there on the cobalt. I don't see much to play with there...
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater
    The tables I was going to tell you to alter aren't there on the cobalt. I don't see much to play with there...
    which tables would those be so i can request them on the next version?
    i was thinking it has something to do with the dfco, but idk what.

Throttle Cracker and Throttle Follower. They may just not be there.
    Bill Winters

Throttle Cracker and Throttle Follower. They may just not be there.
    yah i have never seen them, we may have something different to control this, but what it is i have no idea. or we just may not have access to whatever does control it. can you post a screen shot of the throttle cracker and follower tables. thanks
    jimbo

You can see the throttle cracker and follower tables in any 2rd gen GM V8 cal from the repository. The 4th gen has different tables.
    Bill Winters

You can see the throttle cracker and follower tables in any 2rd gen GM V8 cal from the repository. The 4th gen has different tables.
    ok thanks, i'll look at that when i get home from work.

bump any ideas from the braintrust on the shortbus.(css.net inside joke)

update, after looking at it, we do have the throttle cracker table, no throttle follower table though, i guess it will have to be requested for the next release.

Advanced Tuner
    If it is an '07, they are known for having horrible Idle Surges, especially when approaching a redlight. I believe it had something to do with a change in A/C torque. Atleast that was a dealer's excuse at first. They really got a bit trickier when they switched to the 32-bit PCM.

Quote Originally Posted by PSYKOSTEVO
    If it is an '07, they are known for having horrible Idle Surges, especially when approaching a redlight. I believe it had something to do with a change in A/C torque. Atleast that was a dealer's excuse at first. They really got a bit trickier when they switched to the 32-bit PCM.
    yah thats the exact problem, but the car is an 06. i'm still trying to figure it out, but i don't have access to the car all the time to work on it, so it's the next time i see him i'll try this fix kinda thing.

Senior Tuner
    a/c torque only matters when the compressor is on. also something else that gets over looked. voltage.

or you can drop the idle scaler down to slow the tb down in closing. it has no bearing on toe in reaction, just closing slower.

i have an 06 base file that doesn't surge or anything stupid of that nature.

stick cams in an 07 and watch the fun explode
    Last edited by Area47; 04-28-2008 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Area47
    a/c torque only matters when the compressor is on. also something else that gets over looked. voltage.

or you can drop the idle scaler down to slow the tb down in closing. it has no bearing on toe in reaction, just closing slower.

i have an 06 base file that doesn't surge or anything stupid of that nature.

stick cams in an 07 and watch the fun explode
    can you send me a copy of that 06 base file thats good, so i can make the necessary changes for stage two. and do you think it will fix the surging issues. and as far as voltage goes, what would i need to do to figure out if that is the issue? sorry for all the n00b questions.
    thanks
    Last edited by jimbos'ss; 04-28-2008 at 10:44 PM.