Thread: Idle issue need some help

Idle issue need some help

I am having an issue with my idle and going way lean from time to time. I have done a few of the russ k idle-config tunings on the RAF. it doesnt stumble or hunt for idle, that part is just fine. I theN did OLSD tuning then OLMAF tuning. Trims are great when moving and seems fine. WOT runs give me the commanded 13.0 on the wideband. here is my issue. I am now running CLMAF mode and when i do a cold start anD let it sit the a/f shows enrichment like it should while warming up, then it will go lean on the wideband and the exhaust sounds like it as well, it shows 18 afr and such. them is will go back to the 14.7 range. when driving at full temp it will be fine at one stop light light, oscilating around 14.7 and then at the next stop light it will be down around 18.0.

I am not sure what to record in the scanner to address this issue, can anybody help me out on that so I can get it looked at.

I attached my tune if anybody want to take a peak at the idle info. AFIK the idel setting are stock except for the RAF. I also added 2 degrees of timing to the "Base Timing Table" if that is what it is called.

Quick mods are: 236/236/0.590/0.590/112 cam, longtubes, true dual x pipie exhaust
    2002 Camaro Z28
    236/236/0.590"/0.590"/112 lsa cam
    Longtube Headers, True Dual w/ X Pipe
    Air Lid, Filter, Ported Maf End, Bellows Hose

Advanced Tuner
    I'm having the exact same issue. When starting my car, it leans out to 17-19 until the engine "warms up" then it goes to stoich. I am stumped as to where the tables are that define cold start fueling.
    2012 Chevy Cruze A6 1LT RS

Formerly - 2004 GTO, 2002 Z28, 2007 Colorado, 2008 Silverado

I'm pretty sure the table that controls open loop fueling is located under

Engine --> Fuel Control --> OL & CL

It's the EQ ratio table under open loop.

My OLFA is set up showing enrichment, i think it is the MAF table maybe I played around with it some more to see, it was showing my trims quite positive after doing an OLMAF tune with wideband
    2002 Camaro Z28
    236/236/0.590"/0.590"/112 lsa cam
    Longtube Headers, True Dual w/ X Pipe
    Air Lid, Filter, Ported Maf End, Bellows Hose