Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Redline/GXP owners step inside

Quote Originally Posted by Baldturbofreak.com
    awfull.
    nonstop limp mode/reduced throttle angle due to the boost pressure.
    I only made 2 passes before someone oiled the track. then the wife got called into work and ended test and tune for the day.

I had teh greddy profecB blow the driver for whatever reason. Then I installed an eboost2 in like 15 min. and had nonstop fights with it. It was truly frustrating. a nice 14sec run in reduced power mode.

It also threw a high fuel rail pressure code + map sensor performance code from bottoming it out.
    need 3 bar map sensor +3bar T-map
    Torque request maxxed
    Your trip to the track got me geared up for some fun. Went to Napierville in Canada today to see how the volt divider mod would run. Ran a 14.4 (no traction on street tires; 2.5 60' ) but 107mph trap speed was pretty nice for a stock saab with only electronic/software mods.

Advanced Tuner
    How in the heck are Wester's and Dejon able to up boost and raise the rev limiter using HPTuners? They are selling HPT files that are claiming 60-80hp over stock with 21+psi and 7000 rpm redline.

Advanced Tuner
    They're using hptuners to simply load the file onto the ecm, but westers(dejon is just reselling them) is using something else to edit them.

Advanced Tuner
    Honeoye,Ny. Boondox son. Shoot guns out my back door. noone cares.
    Sure would be nice to have those features.
    Hey maybe HPT can take the money we all gave them for a complete LNF solution and buy the missing tables from Wester's! That way they would have the location and funtion of the tables that are too hard for them to figure out.

I think it's a great idea! anyone else?

Hey maybe HPT can take the money we all gave them for a complete LNF solution and buy the missing tables from Wester's! That way they would have the location and funtion of the tables that are too hard for them to figure out.

I spoke with Lyndon at Wester's yesterday. I sent him my binary file last night so he could take a look at it and see if it is similar to the gxp files he has cracked. I would gladly buy his tuning software if he can offer a complete tuning package instead of the half completed beta product I have now. If HP Tuners can work a deal, all the better.

Cheers!

+1 from me on that as well! ...

Advanced Tuner
    Considering I have already paid $550.00 in just additional credits for Kappa tuning, I would appreciate some more support. How much more do I have to pay to support this platform?
    Last edited by PSYKOSTEVO; 05-06-2008 at 10:55 AM.

Potential Tuner
    i have one complete lnf engine ,waiting.. , still cant decide in what car to use it .

noob question, is theres a way to do a read entire of one of those westers and re-licence it on another pcm?
    Last edited by kruisecontrol; 05-08-2008 at 11:48 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Are you asking if there is a way to steal westers tune and freely distribute it?
    Moral ramifications aside- NO he has wisely taken measures to protect his hard work.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kruisecontrol
    i have one complete lnf engine ,waiting.. , still cant decide in what car to use it .

noob question, is theres a way to do a read entire of one of those westers and re-licence it on another pcm?
    It would be a great engine to swap into an old Alpha Romeo, or MG.

Advanced Tuner
    They Actually list it up to 26psi in some altitudes.
    I wonder what the maximum torque value is in the request tables?
    I wonder what the max the system can accurately predict output torque to.
    What is the highest RPM value in the op system and what happens when it's exceeded? (the old lt1's would reset & shut down)
    Does the system monitor post spark gap ionisation to monitor combustion eff.?
    Are there additional cam timing tables with respect to torque management?

Advanced Tuner
    What is the max value on the T-map? Is it 2.5 bar or 3?

Advanced Tuner
    Its seems like Im getting false KR in some situations. Even with turbo blue in the tank I still get KR.
    I wonder if there is an RPM /load based sensitivity table for the Knock sensors like in the (well supported) LS based vehicles?

Advanced Tuner
    No-baahdy Knows the Torque Im Missing....
    No-Baaahdy Knows buh Jebus.... lol

Help we're in torque jail!

Well some of you are ...

Advanced Tuner
    Ahh I assume you forked out the $649 for the HPT-loadable westers torque delete...

So it's been a full year since everyone plopped full price down on a Beta... Still only half a product, it's pretty disappointing.
    When you look back it's almost funny that we we're like, "They got it underway so fast, any day now they should have the rest of our goodies"

This is the only product I think I have ever bought that I paid full price for half of it.
    It's very misleading to have it listed as a supported ecm, when it's really not-you soon realize you cant accomplish any power increases. maybe just remove a CEL or log some generic data.

I'm truly Sorry for the rant..But we're rolling up on June & I honestly believed HPT would have taken care of us, thrown us a bone or something by now.
    Not a single PID, single table in 52weeks? When we ask why we get told its too hard & to F-off and Die. From a customer servise standpoint, that just plain sucks ass. If it was that far off why even Beta it (aside from shady monetary reasons?)
    The fishhook in our mouths is rusty & infected from being in there so long.

Again my apologies If Ive offended anyone @Hpt. Ive just spent the day trying with utter futility to get the car to play ball near 19psi. -limp home city. And apparently the only solution is to spend $700 on a tune that I should be able to do myself with my HPT software that I have $$$ invested in.
    Kinda hard to not be a little mad by now.

Advanced Tuner
    I have a $649 paper weight too, even my dashhawk was able to read the stock wideband over a year ago, they added the pid simply because a couple of us asked them... talk about service.
    But dont worry btf, looks like another company might be our saviour unless hpt starts unlocking everything by fall this year.
    http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ice-sky-45797/
    User tuneable replacement ecm? Hello!

Tuner in Training

Just another fish on the hook.

I have to agree with Baldturbofreak, one year ago, this was beta product. Now it is dead in the water, that isnt the normal progression for development.

If it werent for the few diesels that I have tuned with my HPT, I would be extremely unhappy.

Ahh I assume you forked out the $649 for the HPT-loadable westers torque delete...
    Quite a bit less as I jumped in with the NASSOA discount during the sale

Kinda hard to not be a little mad by now.
    Don't get me wrong I know the feeling and I realise that we (Solstice and Sky Owners) are not as big a community as other but I have to tell you we are one loyal bunch and even GM knows that ... I mean when was the last time Ford opened up the Mustang plant to let owners in to see how the car was built?

Come on HPTuners show us a little love too ...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Just to keep you guys in the loop, as of the beginning of May we have added 2 new calibration engineers for whom are going through training on our system as we speak. It will be a couple of weeks before they are up to speed in what we do & how we do it but one of the first projects we will put them to work on is the alloytech pcm's including the solstice & sky 2.0t's to add more parameters in the editor & more PID's in the scanner definitions.

It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"