Thread: Screwd up VCM

Tuner in Training
    i live in ny, but i'm in memphis right now

Screwd up VCM

Or is a PCM? is the vcm for the entire veicle and the pcm just the powertrain? whatever it is, i must have screwed something up on mine i was doin a write calibration only and it went through, and now my truck wont turn over and it wont find the vcm when i try to reflash. i have an 04 gmc sierra 3500 single rear wheen 6.0l. i've got the pcm out and waiting for a ride to napa, after spending the night in it last night, seriously concidering just buying a new pcm as a spare, along with a spare altinator for the beast chews through altinators like fuel.

Tuner in Training
    i live in ny, but i'm in memphis right now
    Took the pcm to napa, they couldent flash it either. so they tried flashing a 03 pcm with my vin and couldent get it to work. ended up going to the dealership and spending over a weeks pay on a new pcm, then had to drive back to napa to spend more $ to have them flash it, because the dealership needs to have the veicle there to flash it. starts and runs now, is there anything i can do with this old pcm? i've heard of people taking the flash chip off and reprograming it seperatly. or am i just gunna have to take it back and get my $100 core back?

PM me...I might be able to recover it for you with software we have and flash it back to stock. Then you'll have your spare.

Dealerships can't fix locked-up PCMs, and most tuning software can't either.

--Brian
    Last edited by brianko; 05-24-2008 at 10:06 PM.