Thread: First time tuning with a MAF...

First time tuning with a MAF...

Saturday I straped to the dyno a Cobalt SS SC Stage 2

Since MAF is new for me I not sure if I work on the good tables to make it run leaner

I work on the MAIN VE table ?

another question

on about 30% of the dyno runs, the timing made some holes

I attach one of the scan with those holes

I didn't why it occured since the car don't do it on each runs

Tuner in Training
    at one point your afr goes over 19....... the rest of it seems to look ok, id start by properly tuning the ve table, as that is what is used when the MAF cannot function do to the fact it cant read the signal as fast as the air is coming in...

Quote Originally Posted by italstalnprd86
    at one point your afr goes over 19....... the rest of it seems to look ok, id start by properly tuning the ve table, as that is what is used when the MAF cannot function do to the fact it cant read the signal as fast as the air is coming in...
    are you serious?

do you know what is decelarating?

it's totally normal to see 19:1 when decelerating and lifting the throttle

Tuner in Training
    that seems really lean to me.... let me look at the log again, i will post in a while

Quote Originally Posted by italstalnprd86
    that seems really lean to me.... let me look at the log again, i will post in a while

the wideband is offset of about 0.5:1

at the top end of the dyno runs the car run 10.4:1

the scan log about 10.8-10.9:1

you said lean, lean where ?

Tuner in Training
    You can do your ve incase of maf failure. Below 5800 I think it us its a combination maf and ve but now that we gave the dynamic airflow you can change that rpm lower to be strictly maf. You'll want to set your pe for the AFR you want and then start tuning maf.

Quote Originally Posted by DWK5150
    You can do your ve incase of maf failure. Below 5800 I think it us its a combination maf and ve but now that we gave the dynamic airflow you can change that rpm lower to be strictly maf. You'll want to set your pe for the AFR you want and then start tuning maf.
    for tuning the MAF, the name of the tables where I edit it is : MAf calibration : AIrflow vs Frequency?

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett
    for tuning the MAF, the name of the tables where I edit it is : MAf calibration : AIrflow vs Frequency?
    Yup. Use your WB data and see how far off it is by setting up a histogram plotting frequency filtered by AFR % error. Try to get it as close to 0 as possible and when you enter PE just use the AFR error table to see the difference between commanded and actual AFR on a Wideband, then adjust the closest maf frequency accordingly. Make sure you are logging maf frequency AND airflow. Screw the VE tables, they will run out before the MAF will anyhow. Set the dynamic airflow crossover to like 1500/1400 and call it a day.

Search search search and you will find this exact subject on this exact car has been posted 100 times.
    RSG Offroad
    Jeeps. Jeeps. And more Jeeps. Oh and Jeeps too.