Thread: reading dtcs

Tuner

reading dtcs

When i scan my truck i get several dtcs. Ive changed alot of things so this is to be expected but what do the details mean.
    Such as (immature) (old) (history) (current) (pending)

some sound selfexplanitory but i cant find true definitions for these anywhere
    can some one help me out with true def list.

Tuner
    does anybody know these definitions i mean someones gotta know with all you experts out there

I don't know for sure other than what they just appear to be. Here is my best guess.

Pending: Code has been tripped but did not set the SES. For example, Saw 1 error but is waiting on a repeat until the light is tripped.

Current: Current code.

History: Past code that is not showing up after several cycles/tests.

Old: Not sure, maybe it is the same as what I said for history.

Immature: Maybe this means it set the code, but never came back up to set the SES.

Again, simply guesses as I don't have the definitions. Maybe someone else can correct me.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Tuner
    Thanks for the reply

I was just wondering because i just did start up and got hit with codes but it barley ran at all because of course i have to tune i just guessed at first but i tweeked a few thing real quick. Now i dont want to be chasing a lost false code.
    I also changed my abs module to get traction control button and some brake codes came up but quickley said history and some said old. I havent driven it to let it do its self diagnostics so i dont know if codes are for real or just due to not testing yet.