Thread: Reason for knocking mid-pull?

Reason for knocking mid-pull?

What is the most common reason for knocking while at WOT after a few seconds in the same gear. Let's say I'm on the highway in 5th gear, doing about 2500rpm, and I go WOT and just maintain for about 5 seconds. I will notice knock creep up to like 5 counts and timing will pull accordingly. So let's say I turn her off, pull 5 degrees at that airmass/rpm and go back out. Same pull, same place, same temp...then the same knock. What gives? Is there some sort of adder missing in there that I forgot to turn off other than COT?

Also. Pretty much every time I change gears and step back on the throttle let's say even 30% I get about 2-3 counts of knock and afr goes 18.0 then adjusts to where is should be within a second. Every time. Cold, warm, 1st-2nd, 4th-5th, doesn't matter. I know there is burst knock stuff, but this just doesn't make sense to me.

Thanks.
    RSG Offroad
    Jeeps. Jeeps. And more Jeeps. Oh and Jeeps too.

Tuner in Training
    I get the same thing at around 800rpms (idle) to about 2k rpms, I was just attributing it to burst knock. I get the same knock, I have tried removing all other timing advances just running straight off the low and high tables, I think that the KR is just the timing changing from high to low octane tables.???