Thread: Please take a look at my tune

Tuner in Training

Please take a look at my tune

So I can't for the life of me figure out why i'm running so good damn rich. My LTFT stays at -20.3 when at idle or when i'm at cruising. One person suggested bad o2 sensor which it very may well be I'm thinking. Please let me know what you think is going on.

Tuner in Training
    what are your mods for starters. just saying "LTFT's are -20" doesnt mean your O2 is bad necessarily.
    Set your Stoich back to 14.69998 in fueling, the factory O2 is only accurate for 14.7, i dont believe changing that will lean out your cruise or anything, it will just fudge all of your math everywhere.

let us know what mods you are running. And go get a wideband

Tuner in Training
    alright, from digging on the forum... your IFR table is WAY out to lunch man. you have 60 LB injectors but are using math for 42.5 lb'ers. Fix this and you should be way closer to where you need to be. i'm assuming you just fired in the stage 2 tune and went to town

it looks like you are selecting PID's that you dont have sensors for. make sure when setting your table up that you are connected to the car it makes it easier to pick the ones that it supports. there are different PID's that are for the "same" data, so maybe just find another one for your 02 sensor? mine works fine (04 redline) ... if its failed it will still log data (just WRONG) data, by how your STFT's fluctuate i'd have to say your O2 is still functional... just get your IFR table working (look on here for the IFR flowsheet, go to the LSJ tab, and enter in all the relevant data at the top (our fuel pressure is 58 PSI just FYI, and injectors should be rated at 43.5 PSI. lemme know how that works.

Tuner in Training
    have a wideband. a different guy tuned my car before i bought hptuners for myself. i wanted to be the one responsable for my tune and learn how to do it as well.

mods: 2.7" pully, 60lbs, K&N intake with AEM Dryflow filter, xtc catless downpipe, CA Header, custom dual exhaust, dual pass plate, CA front mount heat exchanger and a 50 shot. nitrous is currentaly not hooked up until i get the tune down off the bottle.

Tuner in Training
    thanks moosehead. world of difference. ill get a log up tonight and my new tune. i'm running pig ass rich now when i got wot, but now i've got like a 0-(-3) LTFT at any given point which i can live with for now. may the hours of playing with the program begin

Tuner in Training
    the stage 2 tune is definitley very very rich at WOT, lots of people i guess peg the AFR to 10, but definitley even richer then that.

other random advice, just because i messed this one up to start... dont use the premade input for your wideband, set up a custom one, and play with the +10 (9.8, 10.2 or whatever) so that it reads the same as the guage, if you've got an lc-1 set the constant output and do it that way. there's threads on it.

Tuner in Training
    it wasnt a stage 2 tune though. the tuner obviously tuned it though like it was

Quote Originally Posted by Moosehead115
    the stage 2 tune is definitley very very rich at WOT, lots of people i guess peg the AFR to 10, but definitley even richer then that.

other random advice, just because i messed this one up to start... dont use the premade input for your wideband, set up a custom one, and play with the +10 (9.8, 10.2 or whatever) so that it reads the same as the guage, if you've got an lc-1 set the constant output and do it that way. there's threads on it.

I have a LC-1 and used the pre-loaded input and it read the same as it did with the program that came with the LC-1.