Thread: MAF airflow table

MAF airflow table

I took the average of 5 logs, all from the same day about about 3 hours worth, and combined them to form an average. For the values I didnt have above 10khz I used excels fill feature to estimate their value. I plotted this graph over the stock graph and this is what you see below. I logged dynamic airflow vs frequency.

I was expecting more a difference...the values above 10khz I understand because excel is using a linear function instead of a 2nd or 3rd (which fits the stock graph perfectly) polynomial. Since I can't get close to these values, even at WOT, should I really worry about it considering im not boosted (yet....).

* Does this look right for an LM7 5.3 with intake, pacesetter longtubes, and 3" pipe?
    * Should I go about fine tuning this with STFTs? If so, could you elaborate how? I have my VE table dialed in to +/-2% on the STFTs with the LTFTs in the 1 to -4 range.
    Last edited by Atomic; 07-02-2008 at 06:59 PM.

Ah, just made a new graph using growth fill instead of linear (once I figured out how to do that), and I also graphed the percent change from the stock table on the secondary axis.

Is the factory MAF really that accurate (aside from the 3000-4000hz range) even after mods or are my methods giving me inaccurate readings?

If it is, then it makes me wonder why bother calibrating at all...

You may just be lucky The LS2/3 cars are good, the LS1 cars are off quite a bit depending on mods. If you took good data, put the curve in your tune and be done with it. No need to worry about high frequency if you are not hitting it, just make sure the transition is practical incase you may hit it on a colder day.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB