Thread: Every time I go from cruise to WOT...

Tuner

Every time I go from cruise to WOT...

I get a tick of knock then it slowly decays to nothing. I never get KR accept for the instant I hit WOT. Sometimes its 1* sometimes its 4* but I've never seen it more than that and its always different. No matter what gear, what speed, what temps it does this. Doesn't matter if its on a 3-1 downshift or a 3-2 or a 4 to 3. I noticed the Burst knock tables are all set to 0* from the factory so I don't see how it could be that. Anybody got an idea? Car is mostly all stock except mods in sig, stock fuel system, stock pump, etc.

Actually I just found one instance where it didn't do it at all. Nothing different from the other times, just decided it didn't need KR this time.

tip in??????
    Last edited by animuL; 07-10-2008 at 08:22 PM.
    98 Corvette Coupe - Texas-Speed 408ci iron block, PRC 237cc heads, Ed Curtis Cam 239-247-115 .624-.624

Senior Tuner
    Burst knock needs to be at 8, maxed out to disable it. Otherwise you are just making it very sensative. The numbers represent the airflow rate change as the rpms climb, so by having it set to zero .... anytime you hit the throttle, it will enable burst knock and pull timing. Setting it to 8 (or max) will allow a change in airflow rate upto 8 (g/sec. or something, I forget the measure) before burst knock is enabled. Typical issue with boosted engines.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 12secSS
    Burst knock needs to be at 8, maxed out to disable it. Otherwise you are just making it very sensative. The numbers represent the airflow rate change as the rpms climb, so by having it set to zero .... anytime you hit the throttle, it will enable burst knock and pull timing. Setting it to 8 (or max) will allow a change in airflow rate upto 8 (g/sec. or something, I forget the measure) before burst knock is enabled. Typical issue with boosted engines.
    Awesome. I just discovered this issue today on my p1sc 02 z06. Though the RPM table on mine was set to 0, the burst knock delta table was like stock (.06 g/sec). Does that matter? I was getting a fixed 10 degrees (9.9 actually) through the entire rev range though my values in the rpm table were 0. Does this matter? I'm not in a position to drive and log the car right now, too many margaritas over dinner