Thread: older 2.22 build question

older 2.22 build question

im starting to think there was an odd bug with the 2.22 version that was released in early april.... i havent been able to confirm it, other than seeing numerous people with this specific problem suddenly popping up for no reason....

what im seeing is, after people flashed with 2.22 (april distro) suddenly the ls1(not sure if it occurs with ls2/3/7) pcm is defaulting down to the low octane table for timing advance....

i've seen scans in other peoples instances and my own as well where it happened.... where there is no visable timing retard from any PID, and the KR learn factor is full tilt high octane table.....

i dont have an older version of hptuners(other than a really really really old build) to try and reflash and test with..... so i figured i would toss this out and see if anyone else has been seeing this anomily....

im downloading the newest 2.22 avalible at the momment to see if there are any changes that way...

well i have confirmed im getting the low octane table for timing...

my knock learn factor shows i am commanding only high octane timing.... my ECT is retarding timing zero, IAT is commanding some retard sometimes but usually only 2 degrees or less, afr is not commanding any timing adjustments....

no burst KR.... no nothing.....

but for the life of me, i am getting ONLY low octane table timings....

MAF is enabled, no DTC's....

i also have upgraded to the newest version of hptuners 2.22 release.... im about to dig out the CD and try and put that in and reflash the car and see if it fixes it.....
    Last edited by goatkart; 07-12-2008 at 04:32 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Mind posting a scanner log while logging as many spark pids as possible including knock learn factor? Honestly this is the first instance I've heard of it.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

i definatly have one, its just on the laptop, give me a few to get it up...

its not a fantastic scan..... its just the one i have around, since i knew its been "acting weird" i just did a scan to see if it was still doing it and it was, so i called it good...

however, at marker 3330 - 3350 ish is a reasonable wot burst that will show your what your looking for.....

again, the scan is a mish mash scan i tossed together, so it doesnt have cyl air on it....but it shows commanded timing of 22* (instead of my normal 25-26).....

ill put together a better scan tonight... i plan on flashing with an older version 2.20 and seeing if things fix.....

on a seperate vehicle(ls1 fbody) which i saw the same results (low octane table for no reason).... he did show a very very minor knock learn factor of .01-.03 but that car is not being tuned by me, and has knock issues going on right now anyhow....
    Last edited by goatkart; 07-13-2008 at 12:09 AM.

other than reflashing with an old hptuners, im also going to copy over HO to LO and double check results that way as well....

all things im doing tonight..

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Running in SD mode maybe? Any DTC's?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

nope not running SD, maf plugged in and running, no dtc no cel, no nuttin....

results....

welp, i reflashed the tune i had been running but with the older hptuners software 2.20 instead of 2.22..... result, no change....it still commanded low octane timing tables....

hmmm ok.....

i flashed one step(one previous tune) backwards STILL low octane tables.....

k....

flashed in a HO copied to LO timing tune, and voila... its commanding what would be the HO table timing values.....

so i verified it is DEFFINATLY calling for LOW octane timing....

what i havent figured out is WHY....

what i have left to do, is i could flash in a "last known good" tune, and see if it commands HO tables magically again, or if im still in LO land....

though as far as i knew, all of these tunes were good until mystery happened...

so i guess im open to suggestions....

what calls the HO and LO tables?

obviously its got to be something beyond the KR learn factor..... as that is calling full timing, im not getting any visable adders removing timing.....

no dtc's, double checked when i went out to log again.....

what about dtc once per trip readiness checks.... would any of those force a LO scenerio...