Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a Few LSJ things

a Few LSJ things

I know being discontinued and all this is probably going to be a PITA, but is there anyway at some time we can get over the 215kpa limit in the VE tables? or at least a way to run a 3 bar map? I'm over the limit of the PCM in pretty much every table and would like to stay with the stock PCM (retain gauges and such) instead of going stand alone.
    I'm looking to push @25psi on this motor, and would like some way to control a few things lol.
    2006 cobalt (no more turbo)
    m62 2.7 pulley, E85, 79lb/hr injectors, 4-2-1 longtube header, airbox mod, stock catback

1998 Trans am 5.3 iron block 317 heads 88mm turbo e85 105lb/hr injectors, twin 255's.... build in progress

2014 wrx mild tune 18psi pump gas

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    The pcm has a hardcoded map limit of 255kpa which is roughly 22.5psi of boost, even if we were to extend the VE table it could only be to that point, if you plan on pushing past that you'd be fudging the tables anyway, not to mention the 6800rpm ve table limit as well.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

true true.
    oh well I gotta figure something out to get past the 2.5 bar limit. I guess standalone will be the way.
    m62 2.7 pulley, E85, 79lb/hr injectors, 4-2-1 longtube header, airbox mod, stock catback

1998 Trans am 5.3 iron block 317 heads 88mm turbo e85 105lb/hr injectors, twin 255's.... build in progress

What about running a MAP clamp?

hmm maybe, I'll figure something out once I finally get some time to work on the car again. Buying a house in a few weeks so things have been a bit hectic, but the car is finally paid off, so I can really have some fun with it now. I've run the car over 22.5 psi, but I need a way to run a boost gauge to the VCM logger to accurately dial it in. (only can read 22.5 psi off the aeroforce since that's all the PCM sees). but I've pushed the car at 22.35 psi and it hit 411whp lol. I'll be on the dyno on sunday and will see what the car does with the new fuel system (on the 411whp pull it hit an afr of 17.2:1 at 5800 rpm lol)

Dude I seriously love your car though. Good job paving the way for some of the enthusiasts. You ever get your new clutch put in yet?

Thanks man, and nope, going actually to my friends shop saturday to do it. Haven't really driven the car in a few weeks now, what's the point of having 500hp if you can't use it lol.
    Car's gonna be a monster next year, can't wait to actually have time and a place to work on it. Did the whole thing in my driveway, don't even have a garage lol.

just hopped back on the dyno yesterday, this time using a mustang dyno at www.sickspeedperformance.com up in orange county.
    414 whp 378 wtq on 93 octane pump gas only, 17.5 degrees of timing, and a decently rich afr and 21 psi.
    will be back in 2-3 weeks with meth injection back in the car... aiming for 440whp, still bone stock motor at 38,000 miles.

Thats crazy, blowing the twincharge right outta the water. You think this will get you into the 11s? I mean the guys with the 300hp lsj's are almost in the 12s...

I'm hitting the track friday night, so we shall see. I'm not going to beat on the car too hard as I'm not used to the new clutch yet and keep missing shifts. I'm driving the shit out of it this week to get my timing down though. I'll post up definite,. but I'm pretty sure I'mm be heading out to Island Dragway.

Thats what Im looking to see. There arent a lot of high HP 4 banger street cars rolling around. I think you should easily be able to run low 12's with this setup if not better. Take your time though, dont blow your new clutch!!

i have to come to oc when u move now that i have seen this thread i want to take a ride in that car man it sounds like a fast ride.i think im starting to understand some of this stuff u guys!!! hp tuners is like a gm god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NICK 06
    member of www.cny1320.com car club
    ingalls TD,poly trans mounts,GM s2 injectors,3.1 ZZP Pulley and hub,ZZP 3" catless downpipe,custom catback w/magnaflow increased airflow muffler,pluged S/C silencer holes,HPtuners(std),Innovate lc-1 wideband
    painted headlights,painted headliner black,painted rear pillar covers black,made triple pillar pod and painted both front pillar covers black

that is it man,
    and if you ever need tuning, I will have a dyno available for me to use at the shop I dyno'd at sunday. Car is a beast, but I'm going to be redoing a lot of it when I move, probably bigger turbo, equal length turbo mani, and meth injection, should get me where I want to be

Advanced Tuner
    Honeoye,Ny. Boondox son. Shoot guns out my back door. noone cares.
    The hardcoded MAP value is going to be the ball chopper for all of us man.

But given enough time there will come a way around it, I'm sure.

Maybe a piggyback & 2nd rail with a side dish of MAP clamp?

You can prolly run a GReddy E-manage ult. It will allow you to increase PW after the 22.5psi mark and also control ignition beyond that point if needs be.
    Not Ideal but usable.
    Me love boost long time.

very true, I actually do have a 2nd fuel rail in the car, just not hooked up at the moment. Need to pick up the rest of the Hahn port fueler kit. I'm looking into anything that might work on the car, I'm just sick of being the 1st to try most of these things lol.

Advanced Tuner
    Well, I put myself thru college slingin' rice!. I have installed just about every device out there in about every make of car on our shores.

I have had ALOT of time with the E-manage Ult. For your application it's what I would likely use.
    Id be happy to guide you thru it.

LC-1 Wideband auto tune
    4bar map sensor
    can trim primarys AND run secondaries
    can retard the ignition signal as a function of boost.
    HAs a MAP/MAF clamp function built in (no need for more hardware)

Id stick some nice 24lb primarys in and put those garden hoses in the top of the runner. I have proved (well to myself) using a staged setup that it's worth significant power to have the fuel atomized upstream under boost.

Then your stock size primary's keep it running crisp off boost.
    Me love boost long time.

not a bad idea I was planning on running my stockers (32lb) as primaries, disabling PE, and using hahn's portfueler to control the secondaries, but so far so good on the single set of injectors. I'm not looking for more than 500whp after I build the motor, so hopefully I'll get it to work

so i get your not running a super on it just the turbo. i can not tell u how much i think about takeing off that silly super and putting on a turbo but know i know it will be worth me time. im going to stop building that usless super and start buying stuff to turbo it!! where are so good places to start? where do i get haeders for it i was going to find a 2.0t saab and get some parts off it!!
    NICK 06
    ingalls TD,poly trans mounts,GM s2 injectors,3.1 ZZP Pulley and hub,ZZP 3" catless downpipe,custom catback w/magnaflow increased airflow muffler,pluged S/C silencer holes,HPtuners(std),Innovate lc-1 wideband
    painted headlights,painted headliner black,painted rear pillar covers black,made triple pillar pod and painted both front pillar covers black

Advanced Tuner
    Wheel to wheel has a really dope-ass cast stainless manifold with T-3. Perfect for a gt35R...
    Me love boost long time.

will the LKQ man work its the same block. and u can find them in junk yards.(i love the junkyard!~! where do i find this wheel to wheel.just left hahn and didnt really say what motor man was for found a saabturbo on ebay are they hard to rebuild mybe we should talk about this some where eles!!
    NICK 06