Thread: Can anyone simplify why you cant change transmissions w/ same os

Potential Tuner

Can anyone simplify why you cant change transmissions w/ same os

if i have a licensed pcm with a 60e and a 12212156 os why cant i copy the transmission parameters and transmission diagnostics from a 80e with the same os over to my tune which would make a tune with the same vin#, same os, and the 80e parameters and diagnostics and then save it and write it? I dont understand why that doesnt work. But then again I dont really understand any of this, I just get lucky most of the time and stuff works.

Potential Tuner

re:

I know you have to re-pin the connector or buy an adapter harness and add the plug for the input speed sensor. I forgot to mention those things, my main hicup is the tuning issue. You can find tons of sites explaining all your options for overcoming the wiring dilema but all you hear on tuning is "segment swap" and I thought that if you took the parameters you need and put them where you need them you were swapping segments?

email your file to support and we can do it for you if a 4L80e calibration for your OS exists.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Or I can do it for you as well if Chris is busy. LOL
    Always Support Our Troops!

EC Tune, how is the segment swap done? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Free HP Tuners Beginners Tuning Guide

LS1 Tuning Guide
    Michigan Snowmobiler

1969 Firebird: 11.67@114 [email protected] 1/8 1.70 60 ft. EPS cam 234/246 .602.606 114+3, 6.0 LQ4, L92 heads milled 10.5:1, Ported L76 intake, ported 90mm Holley TB, 100mm MAF, FIC Custom injectors, Hooker LT, PYPES dual exhaust with an X pipe, 4L65e with all of the good parts inside, FTI 4000 RPM Stall, 12 bolt with 3.73 gears. HP Tuner tuned by me

Potential Tuner

69lt1bird, i dont think they're gonna let the cat out the bag

i would still have it done by chris or ectune just to make sure its right but i would pay the same money if they would just tell us how to do it. I would even sign a "no comp. clause" LOL. I just hate not being able to figure something out!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    probably via hex editor or ida pro or something of that nature, not something most want to attempt
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

^^^ What Bill said... And you have to have a binary to work with first, not an HPT file unless you know how to decrypt it.
    Always Support Our Troops!