Thread: OK i feel dumb...

Potential Tuner

OK i feel dumb...

I'm new to the whole tuning thing and im starting out on my '04 redline. I love this car. After I installed my k&n CAI I started getting a lean code when looking at my LTFT they are ridiculously high usually 12 or above at idle and above 5 during normal driving. I was wondering if this is just the tune since its still a stock tune (just got the program yesterday). Another weird thing was while trying scan the vehicle I didnt get a o2 sensor reading. I tried diffrent PID and sensors but still no readings. I'm starting to think my O2 sensor is bad but I just wanted to know if this is common or if there was a certain PID or sensor i need to look at that i missed. Thanks for all your help i you can give me any.

The CAI changes the way the MAF sensor reads the airflow. You must calibrate the MAF table (airflow vs Hz) to compensate and everthing will fall into place.

Potential Tuner

wow

The actual Greg Banish thats awesome I'm reading that book right now actually. Thanks for your help. Thats what i thought it was.

Quote Originally Posted by sk_boone
    The actual Greg Banish thats awesome I'm reading that book right now actually. Thanks for your help. Thats what i thought it was.
    How do you like the book? How much have you read?
    Steve

2007 GMC Canyon Z71-4x4 | 3.7 I5-Auto | 4" Skyjacker suspension lift | 3" Performance Accessories body lift | 33x11.5x17 tires (going 35x12.5x17) | 3.73 gears | 57 K&N | BPi VS | AMS EaAU 6081 | SSK MAF Adapter | NGK AFX w/ NTK WBO2 | AMSoil fluids

Tuner
    The book is awesome, I attended one of his classes, WAY too much info to digest in a weekend, that's where the book comes in, fills in the blanks. He'd say something, you'd be thinking about it, and realized you had missed what he said next. As far as this thread, I agree with Greg, (that was easy!)

Guess I will have to pick it up. Thanks.
    Last edited by jackedupcanyon; 09-27-2008 at 01:46 PM.
    Steve

2007 GMC Canyon Z71-4x4 | 3.7 I5-Auto | 4" Skyjacker suspension lift | 3" Performance Accessories body lift | 33x11.5x17 tires (going 35x12.5x17) | 3.73 gears | 57 K&N | BPi VS | AMS EaAU 6081 | SSK MAF Adapter | NGK AFX w/ NTK WBO2 | AMSoil fluids

It's a good book i just picked up a copy myself. I'm learning alot
    2007 Colorado 2.9L I4 5 speed