Thread: Knock Retard Problem

Knock Retard Problem

The car is an 06 Cobalt SS and has very loud exhaust and I believe the KR is false. It is running 15psi w/meth injection and timing as low as 12 degrees and she knocks all over the place. A/F is around 11 to 1. I have tried to zero out all of the Burst knock tables but it doesn't matter. Does anyone know where to go with one of these?

Multiply the Knock Retard Decay table by 2-4 & multiply the Knock Retard Attack table by .5 to desensitize the knock sensor.
    Steve

2007 GMC Canyon Z71-4x4 | 3.7 I5-Auto | 4" Skyjacker suspension lift | 3" Performance Accessories body lift | 33x11.5x17 tires (going 35x12.5x17) | 3.73 gears | 57 K&N | BPi VS | AMS EaAU 6081 | SSK MAF Adapter | NGK AFX w/ NTK WBO2 | AMSoil fluids

Thanks, I will try that.

Advanced Tuner
    Timing is way too low!

Tuner in Training
    x2 should be running 18-22's even with 91 octane
    2007 Chevy
    Cobalt SS/SC 2.8 pulley 60lbs injectors

I have run it up around 20 degrees and it pulls timing like crazy, so I lowered it way down to see if it does the same thing and it does. It just has something setting off the knock sensor I believe. All of the pulls are while it is on the dyno also. I don't think I mentioned that.

Tuner in Training
    had the same problem with mine try putting autolite iradum plugs in it and when u do a tune/reflash drive it 4 about 10 to 20 miles. could be a bad sensor to tho
    06 SS SC COBALT
    2.8 PULLEY,
    PORTED HEAD
    LONG TUBE,
    3IN CAT BACK
    TVS UPGRADE
    OTHER MISC STUFF

just a quick question, I have the same problem after installing the manifold and exhaust.

Is there a certain tone that causes the knock?? Are there many others out there with the same problem??
    2002 Silverado
    Intake modifed for Cone Filter

2005 Cobalt SS/SC
    GM Stage2 w/ Stage3 pulley
    Intake modifed for Cone Filter
    GM Honed Extruded Manifold
    GM Touring Exhaust

Are you 100% sure your AFR is 11? You don't have any exhaust leaks? Your wideband is before your cat? Better flowing exhaust will move more air, more air will run the car more lean if it's not calibrated properly. A lean car will detonate more. However, knock can come if the car is running too rich also.
    RSG Offroad
    Jeeps. Jeeps. And more Jeeps. Oh and Jeeps too.

Senior Tuner
    map and log?