Thread: Reading others GM cars codes/Clearing them ETC>

Tuner in Training

Reading others GM cars codes/Clearing them ETC>

I have HP tuners. Bought I think in 2005. I purchased for my 2 vechicles at the time 2000 Tahoe and 2001 Vette.
    Did connect to the Vette and did some logging and Tuning.

Never connected to the Tahoe. So not locked yet.

Have a 2001 Chevy Impala Work car with a code. Can I use HP tuners to read/Scan only, Clear the code? and not use up my lic etc??

Thanks

Have you tried it yet? Should be able to. Not sure if you will be able to clear the code but you should be able to at least read it. Only need credits for files0tunes you plan on editing and reflashing.
    Steve

2007 GMC Canyon Z71-4x4 | 3.7 I5-Auto | 4" Skyjacker suspension lift | 3" Performance Accessories body lift | 33x11.5x17 tires (going 35x12.5x17) | 3.73 gears | 57 K&N | BPi VS | AMS EaAU 6081 | SSK MAF Adapter | NGK AFX w/ NTK WBO2 | AMSoil fluids

Tuner in Training
    Nope did not try yet did not wnat to lose my lic. I dont think it would really lock to the car. My lic display 2001 vette and 2000 Tahoe.

If I never hook up to my 2000 Tahoe and uprade say to a 2007 Tahoe. Will HP tuners swap my 2000 for a 2007 lic ??

You are given the option to license any file when you open it. You can always hit "No Thanks" and still open and view the file. You just will not be able to flash the tune. Do not think you will even be able to save the file.

If your license is showing 2000 Tahoe then you may have licensed it already. You can always use the compare feature and compare the 2000 to the 2007 tune and make changes to the 2000 tune. Do not think you want to blindly flash in the 2007 tune. Would not recommend it but if you did, yes it would cost more credits.
    Steve

2007 GMC Canyon Z71-4x4 | 3.7 I5-Auto | 4" Skyjacker suspension lift | 3" Performance Accessories body lift | 33x11.5x17 tires (going 35x12.5x17) | 3.73 gears | 57 K&N | BPi VS | AMS EaAU 6081 | SSK MAF Adapter | NGK AFX w/ NTK WBO2 | AMSoil fluids

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the reply. I have never hooked to the tahoe...Even to read. These were just the lic I picked when I purchased.

I was just thinking since I never linked to the 2000 Tahoe and if I purchase and link to the 2007 I would have the credits available.

I will try to link up to the Impala and read the code.
    Thanks again

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You shouldn't have a problem reading the dtc's on your impala, however you cannot transfer licenses. Also it sounds like you have a serial interface which is NOT on a credit based system nor is the hardware capable of supporting 07 Tahoes.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the info Bill.
    Yes I was able to read teh codes and clear them. I did finally link to the Tahoe. Check coded etc... No problem. Has nothing to do with Liciensing. All good..

Bill What do you mean serial interface. 07 Tahoe have a different diag port?? Never even thought of that.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    AFAIK the 07 Tahoe uses an E38 pcm which is CAN based and the older serial interfaces were produced before this was introduced into the automotive world for the most part so our hardware cannot communicate with them.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"