Thread: normal to have 3 or less slip rpm while cruising??

Tuner

normal to have 3 or less slip rpm while cruising??

I did a log today for about 5 min while I was just cruising on the freeway at 70 mph and I noticed I constantly have 3 or less slip rpm. It goes to 0 once and a while but does not stay. Is this normal or should this be 0 at all times when just cruising on the freeway?

Also what exactly does changing the maximum duty cycle to 100 and the minimum duty cycle to 90 do to the torque converter? Maybe someone can explain duty cycle to me when it comes to the torque converter. I have not done this yet by the way, I just read about it so I want to know what it does and should I set mine to 100 and 90 also? Thanks

Tuner in Training
    It Depends If Your Converter Is Locked... If Your Converter Is Not Lock You Should Have Some Slip

Tuner
    I am talking about with the converter locked. With it locked does a small amout of slip still register or is it because I have not changed my min and max tcc duty cycles?

Tuner
    Any chance Russ could step in here and school me a little bit?

Tuner
    I changed the minmum duty cycle to 90 and the maximum to 100 and I still get like 3 or less slip rpm when cruising on the interstate at 70 mph with the converter locked. Is this normal?

Yes. Single digit slip with TCC locked, particularly ~3rpm, is what I would consider healthy. IMO that is 100% normal.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SSUte01 View Post
    Yes. Single digit slip with TCC locked, particularly ~3rpm, is what I would consider healthy. IMO that is 100% normal.
    +1

Senior Tuner
    Yup, the sensors that monitor the slip rpm are based off of two different locations. Getting them to correlate would be close to impossible, so you will see some slip. So long as it is not over 200 rpms, then I would worry.