Thread: Unable to open file failed validation Check.

Tuner in Training

Unable to open file failed validation Check.

The vehicle is a 2007 ford mustang GT with vortech supercharger, I get the error unable to open, file failed validation check when it finishes read entire, I'm uploading the file.

if the car was tuned with some other programmer, your going to have to return it back to the stock config first before you tune with HPtuners.

Your vortech kit probably came with a diablo tuner, and the Hp software is giving the error because it's unable to validate some checksums from etc tables, etc...

Good luck.
    Roadracing Crew Chief - World Superbike, British Superbike, Moto America.

Tuner in Training

Got it.

Well that’s not very cool, well I guess If I’m going to use there program for fuel and air, I guess I can't reefer to it as my programmer considering I’m sure they did this on purpose So I will first do the trans tunes with hp tuners, then stack there tune onto mine, considering there programmer doesn't have any trans stuff to modify, and for some reason forced induction on the mustang with auto causes the trans to not shift right and stack 3rd to 4th gear, any ideas on a way for me to correct this. I can modify with hptuners then just use there programmer for fuel and air, I have a wide band and that part is great I don't even want to mess with it, If my car was a manual everything would be ok, but there is no tuners around here at all so I don't know what to do.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Send the file to support with any info you know about the pcm previously ie has it been tuned before, with what software or handheld, etc. along with your serial number and I'll see if its a file we can support.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training

I have looked everywhere including the support page.

I have looked everywhere Bill including the support page,for a place to upload my file I will attach it here, This vehicle has 3000 Miles, the only time I used hp tuners on the vehicle is when I changed for final gear ratio, and revs per mile, and disabled the feture needed to correct the speedo, other than that I installed My Diablo Prediator VR7140, Once I install the Prediator then I get the error, if I remove the diablo program, then I can do a read entire any time. In order for me to do a read entire I must first uninstall the diablo program.

Tuner in Training
    This is the file I tried to open, that will not open after the install of the Diablo.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yeah the checksum issue created by diablo is not able to be fixed with our software.

Tuner in Training

So

I assume they do this on purpose to protect there tune file, Kind of like a tuners lock, except instead of having a password, they change the way there application modifies different parts of parameters to cause a compatibility issue, or checksum error, but doesn't aversely affect the ecm, but instead make it so other tuner apps can not edit, so that way its proprietary.

we don't correct the throttle checksum if it is incorrect. it is there for a reason, that is as a protection in case of a PCM ROM error causing erratic (or worse wide open) throttle operation. Our software (and SCT's that i know of) calculate this checksum whenever any throttle related parameters are changed.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    Well when I scan with hptuners, and the trottle is all the way to the floor, Hptuners reads 78 percent throttle instead of 100. Whats the cause for this.

its becuase of the way some manufacturers interpret the SAE PID for throttle. most seem to interpret it as the absolute voltage from 5V. GM used to interpret it as a percentage but they also have changed. eg. the LS2 and later engines all read 88% at WOT on the SAE PID.
    I count sheep in hex...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    we don't correct the throttle checksum if it is incorrect. it is there for a reason, that is as a protection in case of a PCM ROM error causing erratic (or worse wide open) throttle operation. Our software (and SCT's that i know of) calculate this checksum whenever any throttle related parameters are changed.
    so if the car has been tuned with diablosport and then removed it, can i tune it with HPT?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Public Enemy View Post
    so if the car has been tuned with diablosport and then removed it, can i tune it with HPT?
    Not sure give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Not sure give it a shot.
    it worked.

thanks

Tuner in Training
    Hi
    Try to download the file with 2.20 version, i did read my roush program with the 2.20 version

Tuner in Training

Ill try that

Ill try that