Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G8 Tune file

what do you mean when you say way to rich at 14.7? that is the stoich afr that the car should read when not in pe.
    regards the low timing down low, this doesnt suprise me as my ve and a few others i know knock a bit down low on the stock timing so it is nessacery for some to be pulled out.
    Id be aiming for 12.6-12.8afr is these cars as they appear to like it alittle richer that some and dont really do anything more when pushed closer to 13afr.
    the pe isnt to bad, you could make little adjustments for your desired afr but it aint bad as it is.
    the values in the ve table dont look to bad either but every car is different and even another car with the exact same mods will require different levels of fueling. Best to get wideband in there and check over what its doing and make some adjustments to the ve if needed.
    Last edited by Delft Calais; 09-23-2008 at 05:29 AM.
    Give it a go yourself first, if it doesnt work out then pay someone.

Well I am still running MAF - here is a MAF tune with the VE table generated from the MAF using Bluecat's method...
    07 Chev Lumina SS 6.0 L98
    i.e. Holden Commodore VE SS
    i.e. Pontiac G8 GT minus DOD

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffer
    Well I am still running MAF - here is a MAF tune with the VE table generated from the MAF using Bluecat's method...
    Hi Tiffer,
    thanx for that but where is the tune.
    U havnt attach. it to ur message.
    thanx

Hi guys,
    It might be a silly question but if i was to change my PE table for what works better for my car in WOT, do i have to redo my VE table again or once the VE table is done i can play with my PE table.
    thanx

Quote Originally Posted by VE SSV 73
    Hi guys,
    It might be a silly question but if i was to change my PE table for what works better for my car in WOT, do i have to redo my VE table again or once the VE table is done i can play with my PE table.
    thanx
    na mate if your ve table is fairly accurate it will represent what ever you have your pe set to. The pe table is just a commanding table like the open loop table.
    there are alot of people who tune the pe to make up for an inaccurate ve/maff table( using the pe table for this is quicker and easier though) you set the pe to command what ever afr you like then you dial in the ve table in your case to match the commanded numbers, once done right you should be able to alter your pe if you like and the ve % should remain fairly accurate. once your ve table is accurate you can then fine tune the pe to what numbers work best
    all your doing is trying to match the commanded ratio as best as possible it doesnt matter what the afr is your commanding as long as its the same as is being commanded.
    Last edited by Delft Calais; 09-25-2008 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Delft Calais
    na mate if your ve table is fairly accurate it will represent what ever you have your pe set to. The pe table is just a commanding table like the open loop table.
    there are alot of people who tune the pe to make up for an inaccurate ve/maff table( using the pe table for this is quicker and easier though) you set the pe to command what ever afr you like then you dial in the ve table in your case to match the commanded numbers, once done right you should be able to alter your pe if you like and the ve % should remain fairly accurate. once your ve table is accurate you can then fine tune the pe to what numbers work best
    all your doing is trying to match the commanded ratio as best as possible it doesnt matter what the afr is your commanding as long as its the same as is being commanded.
    thanx for that info.

boomer, can you (re)post up your tune?
    2017 Chevrolet SS, Orange Blast Metallic, Rotofab CAI. Headers coming soon. Stock Tune for now
    Previous Rides: 2008 G8 GT, 2004 GTO, 2004 GTP, 2002 TA

Quote Originally Posted by johnh View Post
    boomer, can you (re)post up your tune?
    ya, i've got a more updated one too. ill get it up later today.
    Photos
    320 rwhp/340 ft-lb
    1/4 mile: 13.33 @ 105 mph

Potential Tuner
    I'll show you mine if you show me yours. ha ha ha

Zim, I compared mine to yours. With my tune the Dyno saw 42 HP on average. It did show more, but with heat, humidity, blah, blah, blah we averaged 42 HP and 40 lbft of torque on 93 Octane Fuel and just a CAI. You have tables used I dunno anything about. So I am learning again. thanks for posting Zim. Post up Boomer.

I'd like to see your tune vhato.
    2017 Chevrolet SS, Orange Blast Metallic, Rotofab CAI. Headers coming soon. Stock Tune for now

Nice vhato, you have your tune for comparision? I would like to look at it....

Quote Originally Posted by vhato View Post
    I'll show you mine if you show me yours. ha ha ha

Zim, I compared mine to yours. With my tune the Dyno saw 42 HP on average. It did show more, but with heat, humidity, blah, blah, blah we averaged 42 HP and 40 lbft of torque on 93 Octane Fuel and just a CAI. You have tables used I dunno anything about. So I am learning again. thanks for posting Zim. Post up Boomer.
    Sent you a PM
    2018 GMC Denali A8 6.2L
    2016 CTS-V
    2016 C7 Z06 A8
    2016 C7 Z06/Z07 A8 vert
    2015 Chevy SS 6.2 LS3 A6
    1996 Impala SS LT1 CAI
    1995 Chevy 1500 5.3 CAI Z06 cam
    1957 Chevy vert

Potential Tuner
    hi guys a real silly question i want to open one of these tune to look at what do i open it in???

Quote Originally Posted by petaus View Post
    hi guys a real silly question i want to open one of these tune to look at what do i open it in???
    hptuners.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by petaus View Post
    I dont know if it works this way for everybody but as long as I click on a posted hpt scan or bin on my laptop which has hpt loaded on it it will open right up in hpt for me
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

Tuner in Training
    Does anyone have a tune for one of these cars that has some trans tuning done ??
    Got my car a few weeks ago and the shifts are really lazy and I can not stand it
    I have gotten so used to my GTO that I have spent many many hours on and really
    do not have alot of time to do this same with this car..
    I really do not care about any of the engine stuff its really only the 1000 (LOL) trans tables that I would like to know how to adjust

Thanks

Slowgoat, shift feel is primarily adjusted by shift time. If you have the beta you can adjust the shift torque factor as well (see the A6 thread here--it has some details).

I'll post my latest up later..its on a different computer.

Tuner in Training
    Anyone have anything on this ?? Refer to my post #36

Advanced Tuner
    like johnh said above shift times makes a big difference

I cut them in half from stock and like it but you could surely reduce the times 10 or 20 percent at a time and adjust to preference

just highlight the area you are looking to make shifts crisper in and multiply by .50 , .60 , .70 etc to your liking
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)