Thread: Can HPT Scan P, B, C, and U Codes?

Can HPT Scan P, B, C, and U Codes?

???
    2002 Monte Carlo SS "Project Intimidator"

[*DHP PowerTuner*] [L36] [180 TStat] [ZZP HVTB] [HV3] [Resonator & U-Bend Delete] [Carsound Hi Flow Cat] [Corsa Catback] [P&P OEM Manifolds] [Precision PT61] [ZZP Trans] [3000 Stall] [2.93 Gears] [F-Body Calipers] [Water-To-Air IC] [AFCO Ford SVT HE] [IAT Post-IC] [Bosch IC Pump] [9.5L System Fluid Capacity]

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    P yes on all supported applications, BCU on most applications.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Thanx Bill for the quick response! If I was specific and said "2002 Monte Carlo 3800" would HPT read the B,C, & U codes from that?

Krunch

[*DHP PowerTuner*] [L36] [180 TStat] [ZZP HVTB] [HV3] [Resonator & U-Bend Delete] [Carsound Hi Flow Cat] [Corsa Catback] [P&P OEM Manifolds] [Precision PT61] [ZZP Trans] [3000 Stall] [2.93 Gears] [F-Body Calipers] [Water-To-Air IC] [AFCO Ford SVT HE] [IAT Post-IC] [Bosch IC Pump] [9.5L System Fluid Capacity]

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I'm not sure in all honesty I've yet to see any B/U/C codes pop up on my 3800 GTP so maybe not, I usually see them on LSx applications, I4, I5, etc.

The answer is yes.
    2010 Camaro SS LS3
    SOLO highflow cats|VMax ported TB|Vararam

Thanx guys, a guy on another forum actually confirmed HOT does read these codes on his GP. So, I will likely soon be a customer here

Krunch

OK, so what are P, B, C, and U Codes ???

I have been told it will as well, yet have not been able to retrieve anything other than P codes on my 05 Vette. How do I get the body codes and such?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockrz View Post
    OK, so what are P, B, C, and U Codes ???
    Yeah, what he said.....

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    p-pcm
    b-bcm

can't remember what c & u are off the top of my head, communication & abs codes or something like that.

P - Powertrain, PCM, basically generic codes
    B - Body
    C - Chassis
    U - Network

See here's where I am at right now...

As part of my tuning, there also seems to be a problem with the Cartuning PCM ONLY in Monte Carlos it seems. About 3 years ago when my kit was first installed, by a friend of mine who HAPPENED to be a GM tech, BORROWED the GM Tech 2 from work on the Saturday as he wanted to scan KR after the install, just as a guide as to how bad it may or may not have been. So after the install, and after doing a few runs building up to a WOT run, the check engine light came on and he scanned it to see what it was. I have since lost the info he gave me, but from what I remember, it was a "B" or a "C" code and the just of it was, "Excessive torque detected in system". Now he lives 2 hours away and it's just not convenient for me to take my car to him on a whim. So, I was initially looking for a regular scanner that had the ability to scan the B, C, and U codes to supplement the DHP Powertuner that I have. Well, it seems for the amount of money I'd throw down for one of these scanners, I could take that money, sell my Powertuner and take that money, and pretty much have enough cash to buy an HPT which, makes more sense, mostly cuz HPT is still in business. But I was looking for the guarantee that HPT will indeed scan these codes and this will solve my problem. Once I figure out what the code is again, and what the PCM or other modules are doing when this code gets set, HOPEFULLY I can figure out a way to delete the code, or spoof it somehow. For all I know, this may be another torque management system buried in the code somewhere, but untill I can get the code again, see what it is, and what it does, I have no clue on how to address it.

Krunch
    Last edited by krunchss; 01-08-2009 at 06:22 PM.