Thread: Lots of KR

Tuner in Training 06balt ss/sc s2's Avatar

Lots of KR

OK I hope I past my latest log/tune correctly, if not let me know. Anyhow this log/tune is from today, its basically the stock S2 tune with only the PE Enrichment Rate changed to 2.0 and the PE MAP Enable bumped up to 125kpa. Map Hyst is at 5, Delay RPM 0, Enable RPM 0, RPM Hyst 0. COT is off due to not having a cat. Timing is unchanged and as I said its the S2 (stock) settings.
    Im seeing lots of KR, WHY? My mods are in my sig. Also the Command AFR is way lean and O2 volts confirm that, as they are in the .8xx. And I know from experience that is in the 12's afr. Could this be due to my 2.9" pulley, if so Ill pick up a 3" (S2 is a 3.1+). Your input would be helpful.
    Last edited by 06balt ss/sc s2; 01-18-2009 at 03:44 PM.
    Stage2, ZZP 2.9, K&N CAI, 1 step cooler NGK Iridiums, CA 2.5 Catless DP, GMPP Touring Catback, TTR Rear Sway Bar, TTR F&R Poly Tranny Bushings, CA #1 Lowering Springs, CA Strut Tower Brace, 225/40/18 Falken ZE 912's

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 06balt ss/sc s2 View Post
    Also the Command AFR is way lean and O2 volts confirm that, as they are in the .8xx. And I know from experience that is in the 12's afr.
    This is bad information.

BTW you are commanding 12.5-13:1 afr's so I wouldn't doubt you are lean, however using your stock o2's to determine this would be a bad choice.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    This is bad information.

BTW you are commanding 12.5-13:1 afr's so I wouldn't doubt you are lean, however using your stock o2's to determine this would be a bad choice.
    Bill I normaly dont go by O2 numbers, all I was saying was I know from past experiance that .8xx on the O2mv is in the 12's afr wise. And I know thats not good for this car, with out a bunch of cooling mods. And other stuff. Most have AFR's in the 11's after a good tune.
    As far as the log or tune, whats your thoughts on them. Was wondering why I was seeing so much KR all over the place on basicly a stock stage 2 tune. My pulley size, maybe? Or something else?
    Last edited by 06balt ss/sc s2; 01-18-2009 at 04:50 PM.
    Stage2, ZZP 2.9, K&N CAI, 1 step cooler NGK Iridiums, CA 2.5 Catless DP, GMPP Touring Catback, TTR Rear Sway Bar, TTR F&R Poly Tranny Bushings, CA #1 Lowering Springs, CA Strut Tower Brace, 225/40/18 Falken ZE 912's

high egt? gap on your plugs?
    2007 Cobalt SS 2.4 5spd SUPERCHARGED

Gap on plugs are .038, Just checked the gap in Nov. As in my sig they are one step cooler Iridiums. Not sure what my EGT were. Didnt log them.

Advanced Tuner
    I doubt all the kr at low throttle is due to pulley being too small but all that you are seeing up high could be

your injector duty cycles are over 90% this coupled with your 8xx narrowband 02's unreliable though they may be and the fact your ltft & stft are adding a lot of fuel ( up to 26 stft) I would start looking at being lean as the cause

change the fuel filter for starters , I recently chased around a similar issue and a month old delco fuel filter was bad or plugged from a bad batch of fuel in my case
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

I was told on the "Balt forum" that with all the Adders that timing is trying to reach 21+. And to 0 out the AFR adder, IAT adder below 140* and the ECT adder below 212*. That should bring the timing down to 16 or so and give me better control over the timing.
    As far as the fuel filter, it was changed in Nov, prior to my xmas trip. I am thinking of picking up a 3" pulley. Stage 2 pulley is 3.1, and I have 2.9, so maybe a 3" would be better. Dont have the funds right now for 60# injectors and a new harness. So the alternative is the pulley. I dont go WOT all the time, the car is a DD and I might hit WOT red line maybe once or twice a week. So having the fastest car out there isnt important.

Quote Originally Posted by murphinator View Post
    I doubt all the kr at low throttle is due to pulley being too small but all that you are seeing up high could be

your injector duty cycles are over 90% this coupled with your 8xx narrowband 02's unreliable though they may be and the fact your ltft & stft are adding a lot of fuel ( up to 26 stft) I would start looking at being lean as the cause

change the fuel filter for starters , I recently chased around a similar issue and a month old delco fuel filter was bad or plugged from a bad batch of fuel in my case
    From what I viewed on my log at WOT 88% the LTFT and STFT are both at 0. Which is where they should be. I did see my injector duty cycle at 90%+ and I know over a long period of time thats not good and they will go static. Im thinking of doing the pulley swap and 0ing out those adders and going from there. Or does anyone else have anymore suggestions.

What octane are you running and where do you get gas from? A lot of eastern pumps run 10% ethanol, which tends to add a little extra combustion.
    RSG Offroad
    Jeeps. Jeeps. And more Jeeps. Oh and Jeeps too.

Runing 93oct, and yes there is 10% ethanol. I fill up at either Murphy or Exxon. Usualy Murphy, never had a problem with them as far as tuning on other cars of mine.
    Did you take a look at the log/tune?
    Last edited by 06balt ss/sc s2; 01-19-2009 at 06:43 PM.

Well on the Balt forum I have been given some advice, as I said in an above post to adjust the timing adders for AFR, IAT, ECT. And to 0 out the AFR adder, IAT adder below 140* and the ECT adder below 212*. That should bring the timing down to 16 or so and give me better control over the timing.
    Also I was told to bump up the EQ ratio vs RPM to 1.30 adding some fuel. As the stock S2 settings is lean, and dependent on the fueling adders such as COT and piston protection. Both I have off. Im gonna give it all a try this weekend and do some logging and see what happens.

WOW got to love all the input and help you get here. NOT!