Thread: advice?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar

advice?

i made this tune over like a week of driving and such all i have is a cai and i deleted the muffler. it pulls like a mofo compared to stock. i dont have any cam changes yet, i just want to make sure this aint gonna blow me up in the end. please tell me what you think of it.

i am going to an egt sensor so i can keep a close eye on temps, but i dont know what the limit is for the lnf, anyone know the safe limit?
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 01-14-2009 at 06:02 PM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Advanced Tuner
    Post a log of a 3rd gear pull.
    To me your requesting a bit too much air at 100% and especially at the top end, i only added 15% there and it spikes to 23psi and dips to 18psi at redline, yet flows 32lbs/min. Start off small, not the other way around.
    Also add some fuel, you copied the 100% table to the 90% one but that doesn't add any fuel. Make the table go from .89 at low rpm down to .84 or so at the top rpm, right now your running .95 in the midrange where the boost usually spikes... don't want to do that.
    I wouldn't bother with an egt sensor, cot protection will dump fuel if the temps are getting past 1700F anyway.

thats nice to know i shouldnt need the egt. i fixed the tables a little and ill do a 3rd pull and post it as an edit.

so as stated start off small on the desired airload, so its 15% smoothed in and the afr was changed to get rid of the .95 and make it more constant toward .84 at high rpm.
    the modified tune and runs are posted. the first time run i saw gravel coming up on the street and shit myself and let off the gas some, the second run is full open to the end.
    i had origionaly stole the desired air tables from an hhr in the area but he had a bunch of am parts on so it figures its off which i understand but i dont know what histograms to look at in order to adjust it. i know lsj cobalts but thats ve so im new to this way of adjusting.
    thanks in advance for helping and taking a look.
    alex

i read the file to check out kr and there was alot but its cause i have 87 on this tank while stock i didnt hit boost alot so i went cheap for gas but next tank its supreme so next run will have less timing due to this poor fuel situation
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 01-15-2009 at 03:12 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Regular... come on you should know better, find a sunoco and fill up with 94 octane.
    Post another log when you get some better gas, the boost seems to be a nice solid 20psi across the board. I wonder why it went so rich at the end, maybe it was because of the knock.
    Your next mods should be a high flow cat, intercooler and a 3" exhaust.

yea i do know better just saving every little bit for the mods, i put it back to stock till i get some new gas but i def want the dp and intercooler kit next. and for the last i will compressor wheel upgrade i dont have anywhere down here to run a large turbo setup so staying mild im better off. damn it pulled hard though.

to adjust demanded air you are looking at map kpa right? 255 -23psi what i heard and thats the cap.

edit: stock wideband not reading on scanner, pid posted
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 01-16-2009 at 05:16 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    I would suspect COT protection for the richness at the end of the pull.
    2013 Cruze Eco - CAI, Catless DP, Catless MP, ZZP FMIC, Ported Intake Manifold, Mild tune (17psi), best 43.5mpg, 175ftlbs (pid)

2008 Solstice GXP - ZFR 6758, catless, AEM stage 1 water/methanol injection, Hahn Racecraft Intercooler, solo street race cat back, LE5 throttle body - 307whp on a dyno dynamics (stock turbo numbers), 100 octane EFR6758 numbers - 463whp/454wtq

Advanced Tuner
    That.s what i thought, but cot only kicks in past 1700F and he was at 1500F when it went rich... weird.

it was reaching 1700 at the end of the second pull file it definately went off i felt it fall off hard right before the end. im still driving the reg. out 8( i dont do enough to drive alot of mi.

when adjusting the camshafts im guessing you have to also bump the desired air up to get boost is that correct? i finally got supreme and just need the roads to dry so prolb tomorrow.

finally got it getting more dialed in woo hoo it smokes the shit out of my tires now. im still adjusting the desired airflow to match my cam changes. got my supreme gas and finally doesnt have kr up the butt. i hated that, i got a taste with the tune and noticed the kr so went stock until supreme the waiting sucked. thanks for the help with understanding the program.